| U21s Premier League International Cup group 12:28 - Aug 12 with 1011 views | Zx1988 | Town PSG FC Porto PSV Eindhoven RSC Anderlecht Nice little 'Sir Bobby' group there! [Post edited 12 Aug 12:35]
|  |
| Not a prophet, or a stone-age man; just a mortal with potential of a superman. | | Poll: | Worst Ginger? |
| |  |
| U21s Premier League Cup group on 12:34 - Aug 12 with 967 views | BasingstokeBlue | I'd not heard of the Premier League Cup, before now, so I just looked it up on Wikipedia. I didn't see anything allowing European clubs to participate. Have I missed something? |  |
|  |
| U21s Premier League Cup group on 12:35 - Aug 12 with 948 views | Zx1988 |
| U21s Premier League Cup group on 12:34 - Aug 12 by BasingstokeBlue | I'd not heard of the Premier League Cup, before now, so I just looked it up on Wikipedia. I didn't see anything allowing European clubs to participate. Have I missed something? |
Sorry - poor nomenclature on my part. It's the PL International Cup. |  |
| Not a prophet, or a stone-age man; just a mortal with potential of a superman. | | Poll: | Worst Ginger? |
|  |
| U21s Premier League Cup group on 12:38 - Aug 12 with 930 views | BasingstokeBlue |
| U21s Premier League Cup group on 12:35 - Aug 12 by Zx1988 | Sorry - poor nomenclature on my part. It's the PL International Cup. |
Ah, OK. I see that European clubs can participate in the one you've now changed your title to. |  |
|  |
| U21s Premier League International Cup group on 14:12 - Aug 12 with 728 views | tivo | We need to add to our U21's pool to protect our younger players a bit. 3 more competitions this year all with group stages. |  | |  |
| U21s Premier League International Cup group on 15:45 - Aug 12 with 645 views | Pinewoodblue | Competition format Group stages The clubs are split into four groups of eight clubs, with four PL2 and four invited international clubs occupying each group. Each club play four group-stage games, with all games to only be played between PL2 and international clubs. The top two clubs from each group will proceed to the knockout stages and all participating PL2 clubs are to host the group-stage matches at either their main stadium or an approved alternative venue. Knockout stages The PLIC then proceeds to the quarter-final rounds contested by the eight clubs that proceeded through the group stages, followed by a semi-final and then a final to determine the champion. The semi-finals and final matches are to be hosted in the host club’s main stadium. In the knockout stages the matches are one-off matches, with extra-time and then penalties required if the match is level after 90 minutes. Haven’t yet been able to identify the other three EPL2 teams in our group. Playing four European u21 teams at Portman Road, hopefully well attended games, ought to be beneficial for our players involved in the competition. Presumably any youngsters out on loan to lower league clubs will be eligible to play. |  |
|  |
| |