| All the pundits… 10:19 - Aug 13 with 4148 views | ThatMuhrenCross | Have us and Hull firmly finishing bottom two. Coventry finishing somewhere around mid table. Starting to grate on me now. We’re giving it a proper good go this window, and we’re neck and neck with Coventry second half of the season. We’ve looked decent in pre-season. Gary O’Neil knows how to keep teams up. I honestly think we’ve got a good chance of doing okay. What am I missing? Am I really so deluded by my blue tinted glasses? |  |
| |  |
| All the pundits… on 10:28 - Aug 13 with 2971 views | SamWhiteUK | I saw Jeff Stelling put Coventry in 15th and us and Hull bottom two, and I have absolutely no idea why. I think perhaps they just don't follow the Championship at all, it seems very lazy to just assume Cov will be the best of the 3. |  | |  |
| All the pundits… on 10:29 - Aug 13 with 2948 views | DarkBrandon | We finished a way behind Cov in the end - they were clearly the better side over the whole season - and we’ve lost an outstanding manager. If I were a pundit I’d put us in the bottom two too. On the face of it our signings look very good, I agree, so we will have to see how it goes. |  | |  |
| All the pundits… on 10:31 - Aug 13 with 2896 views | LancsBlue | Most of the so-called pundits and experts actually pay very little attention to anything outside of the big clubs. Opinions on Ipswich seem to focus on losing McKenna and failing last time, without any thought that O'Neill has kept not just one, but two newly promoted teams up before. It's just lazy, cheap punditry. Let them get on with it, we know that we've given ourselves a very good chance. |  |
|  |
| All the pundits… on 10:31 - Aug 13 with 2893 views | pointofblue | Coventry feel like us from two years ago. They haven't brought in as many players as us to date and will be relying on last year's squad for the most part. I cannot forget how we looked a cut above them in both games last season, like Leeds were a cut above us in 2023/24, especially at Elland Road. I don't think they've done enough to bridge the gap, not to ourselves, but to others who are expected to be fighting against relegation. To be fair to them, I prefer this approach to ours from the summer of 2024 onwards, where we splashed out but didn't improve. But it feels like the result will be the same. They still have a couple of weeks to add to the squad, though. |  |
|  |
| All the pundits… on 10:32 - Aug 13 with 2888 views | andyblue231 | If I were you I would go outside, feel the grass beneath your feet, the sun on your back or at least pick up a book. Getting annoyed because pundits don’t rate your team is not a good use of your one precious life. |  | |  |
| All the pundits… on 10:33 - Aug 13 with 2874 views | SitfcB | It’s just because they’ve got a name in Lampard. Coventry will be the worst out of the 3 for sure. Bottom I reckon. [Post edited 13 Aug 11:04]
|  |
|  |
| All the pundits… on 10:36 - Aug 13 with 2817 views | SWLondonBlue93 | I doubt that many of the people making these predictions paid any real attention to the Championship last season. Coventry are like us from two years ago, a long absence from the league and a good story for the media, and Hull are useful for anyone looking to make a zany prediction. We are a parachute team so inevitably we are less exciting, even though it makes us more likely to stay up. |  | |  |
| All the pundits… on 10:40 - Aug 13 with 2688 views | Bluemike31 |
| All the pundits… on 10:29 - Aug 13 by DarkBrandon | We finished a way behind Cov in the end - they were clearly the better side over the whole season - and we’ve lost an outstanding manager. If I were a pundit I’d put us in the bottom two too. On the face of it our signings look very good, I agree, so we will have to see how it goes. |
in Premier League terms we have a better manager now than what we had, he's achieved things with small clubs. |  | |  | Login to get fewer ads
| All the pundits… on 10:41 - Aug 13 with 2684 views | NthQldITFC | They clearly didn't see us absolutely school Coventry twice last season then, and I suspect we'll find we've improved far move than they have since then too! |  |
|  |
| All the pundits… on 10:44 - Aug 13 with 2597 views | davblue | it's an opinion, it doesn't really matter what they put tbh, it will be our performance that dictates where we finish not a pundit, they could put as as bottom for all i care tbh! |  | |  |
| All the pundits… on 10:45 - Aug 13 with 2570 views | naa |
| All the pundits… on 10:32 - Aug 13 by andyblue231 | If I were you I would go outside, feel the grass beneath your feet, the sun on your back or at least pick up a book. Getting annoyed because pundits don’t rate your team is not a good use of your one precious life. |
Grass?! That'd be nice. You must be in Scotland [Post edited 13 Aug 10:46]
|  | |  |
| All the pundits… on 10:46 - Aug 13 with 2561 views | Ryorry |
| All the pundits… on 10:32 - Aug 13 by andyblue231 | If I were you I would go outside, feel the grass beneath your feet, the sun on your back or at least pick up a book. Getting annoyed because pundits don’t rate your team is not a good use of your one precious life. |
All good advice in the first part of your post, but why shouldn’t we get annoyed? Being a Town fan is an inherent, central part of the lives of most of us on here, and it’s adrenaline like that which keeps us going in the mundane routine. Anyway, if I were GON I’d post all those comments on the dressing room walls. |  |
|  |
| All the pundits… on 10:46 - Aug 13 with 2540 views | ThatMuhrenCross |
| All the pundits… on 10:32 - Aug 13 by andyblue231 | If I were you I would go outside, feel the grass beneath your feet, the sun on your back or at least pick up a book. Getting annoyed because pundits don’t rate your team is not a good use of your one precious life. |
Thanks for your concern. I was out for a nice walk this morning at 6am, as usual, followed by an hour in the gym. I read a couple of chapters of my book last night (Ragnar Jonasson, good author). I'm now at work. I'll have a 10km run at about 7pm tonight so round things off nicely, I should imagine. Apologies for having a passion for the team I support, though, I assumed I'd come to a place with likeminded people. Perhaps not... |  |
|  |
| All the pundits… on 10:50 - Aug 13 with 2475 views | naa | I think we'll be bottom 5, hopefully at the top end of that but a lot depends on how the new players bed in and if we can score this time. No idea why Coventry are being tipped so well. No one tipped us last time round and Coventry have a similar story to us. Surely it's not just the Lampard factor as he's not had much glory in the Premier League with much better squads. |  | |  |
| All the pundits… on 10:52 - Aug 13 with 2452 views | BackToRussia | Normally pundits would just put all the promoted teams in the bottom 3, it's probably only because Sunderland did well last season that a few are tipping one of us to do well, and Coventry won the league, so that's probably about as deep as it gets. |  |
|  |
| All the pundits… on 10:52 - Aug 13 with 2451 views | Smoresy | We aren't trendy this time and didn't do well two years ago. How highly do you value their predictions though? Normally pundits get at least a couple very wrong. I'm not particularly comforted to know we're unfancied, but I wouldn't be reassured to know the opposite either. We'll receive far more reliable insight quite soon for better or worse! As for how tinted your glasses are, I think that hinges on quantifying "good chance". |  | |  |
| All the pundits… on 10:54 - Aug 13 with 2425 views | pingu67 |
| All the pundits… on 10:31 - Aug 13 by LancsBlue | Most of the so-called pundits and experts actually pay very little attention to anything outside of the big clubs. Opinions on Ipswich seem to focus on losing McKenna and failing last time, without any thought that O'Neill has kept not just one, but two newly promoted teams up before. It's just lazy, cheap punditry. Let them get on with it, we know that we've given ourselves a very good chance. |
GON did a superb job keeping Bournemouth in the prem However Wolves were already an established prem side when he was appointed as manager in August 2023 |  | |  |
| All the pundits… on 10:55 - Aug 13 with 2410 views | jayessess | It's partially because we're old news as a returning club. It's also partially that whilst we've done very solid business, very little of it is very attention-grabbing and without that we aren't interesting enough for anyone to look any more closely. As it stands though, Coventry are still in a position where ~8/11 of their starters will be championship players and it probably needs to be like ... 2/3? You look at the career profiles of their forwards especially, which are not dissimilar to the players we came up with in 2024-25, and you'd be very fortunate if even 1 of Thomas-Asante, Mason-Clark, Wright, Eccles, Rudoni, Sakamoto offers a significant attacking threat in this division. They offered very little against our back four, which is nowhere near the quality they'll face this season. Think they'd both have to do an astonishing amount of work in the next 17 days to have a squad as good as ours is right at this moment. |  |
|  |
| All the pundits… on 11:04 - Aug 13 with 2283 views | WickhamsLeftBoot | Pundits are only giving them a chance because of Frank. We’ve bought better and have a manager who knows how to keep teams up. |  | |  |
| All the pundits… on 11:08 - Aug 13 with 2220 views | pointofblue |
| All the pundits… on 11:04 - Aug 13 by WickhamsLeftBoot | Pundits are only giving them a chance because of Frank. We’ve bought better and have a manager who knows how to keep teams up. |
Wolves' meltdown under O'Neil in 2024/25 - and their rapid recovery after he was sacked - might play a part in the predictions. |  |
|  |
| All the pundits… on 11:15 - Aug 13 with 2114 views | Ryorry |
| All the pundits… on 11:08 - Aug 13 by pointofblue | Wolves' meltdown under O'Neil in 2024/25 - and their rapid recovery after he was sacked - might play a part in the predictions. |
Wish that weren’t a fair point, pointofblue! |  |
|  |
| All the pundits… on 11:16 - Aug 13 with 2109 views | EddyJ | The pundits look at us and they see Burnley from last year. Yo-yo parachute team. Automatic promotion without ever getting into top gear. Trading the same set of players back and forth (O'Shea, Muric, Tuanzebe, Luis). They then conclude we will finish in the same position that Burnley did. |  | |  |
| All the pundits… on 11:17 - Aug 13 with 2099 views | Metal_Hacker | I took some customers out last week for a curry and we got chatting relegation in the premier league They didn’t know I was a Town fan but their bottom 3 was Hull bottom then us and Fulham When I asked them why , their reasoning was “super Frankie Lampard “ They were Chelsea fans as it turned out but their reasoning was “he did a good job at Chelsea and did ok at Derby “ Totally deluded by Lampardism I think personally. It’ll be interesting that’s for sure but I can’t right now see us finishing beneath either of the other two promoted sides |  |
|  |
| All the pundits… on 11:19 - Aug 13 with 2060 views | BlueBlueBluex2 | Chill Winston. What does it matter? |  | |  |
| All the pundits… on 11:23 - Aug 13 with 2005 views | SamWhiteUK |
| All the pundits… on 10:29 - Aug 13 by DarkBrandon | We finished a way behind Cov in the end - they were clearly the better side over the whole season - and we’ve lost an outstanding manager. If I were a pundit I’d put us in the bottom two too. On the face of it our signings look very good, I agree, so we will have to see how it goes. |
We actually lost the most ground on Coventry at the start of the season, and from 1st December to the end of the season we amassed the most points in the division. |  | |  |
| |