Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How disturbing do you find this? 20:50 - Aug 22 with 1347 viewsNthQldITFC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/vid

Feels like we're months or years (rather than decades) away from being completely outclassed in all physical ways. A nation (or corporation) with the facility to make virtually limitless armies of these things, upgradable at frightening speed, and intercapable, is limited by what exactly? Conscience? They could be roaming the streets as 'police' with no personal responsibility.

I guess there are less anthropomorphic versions which might feel a little less threatening, but have more dangerous capabilities?

Maybe I just feel threatened because I'm not as quick as once I was.

Good work by Philogene...... GREAT WORK BY PHILOGENE!!!
Poll: How would you feel about a UK Identity Card?

0
How disturbing do you find this? on 21:11 - Aug 22 with 1219 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I suppose so, but surely better to let lumps of metal fight each other than people? As Churchill said - steel not flesh! If you are concerned you clearly haven’t seen the viral Chinese one kicking a kid in the stomach..
0
How disturbing do you find this? on 21:16 - Aug 22 with 1199 viewsNthQldITFC

How disturbing do you find this? on 21:11 - Aug 22 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I suppose so, but surely better to let lumps of metal fight each other than people? As Churchill said - steel not flesh! If you are concerned you clearly haven’t seen the viral Chinese one kicking a kid in the stomach..


Yeah, good point. I suppose it doesn't help that I'm listening to 1984 at the moment.

Good work by Philogene...... GREAT WORK BY PHILOGENE!!!
Poll: How would you feel about a UK Identity Card?

1
How disturbing do you find this? on 21:23 - Aug 22 with 1139 viewsJ2BLUE

Super human intelligence in super human armoured bodies. What can go wrong?
0
How disturbing do you find this? on 22:36 - Aug 22 with 976 viewsBlueandTruesince82

I really do wonder if we are headed for some sort of Terminator/Matrix scenario, yeah I know it sounds insane but we have had multiple instances of AI breaking out of testing environments and hacking, robotics as per the the article developing faster and faster, I'm sure I've seen both the USA and China working on robot soliders, some people have fridges connected to the Internet, whilst we probably won't be around to see it, it feels like all the elements for Judgement day are stating to appear.

Poll: Where will Town finish the season?

0
How disturbing do you find this? on 16:40 - Aug 24 with 519 viewsCrawfordsboot

But at least the missus is happy!

Given you are not as quick
[Post edited 24 Aug 16:45]
0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026