Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I like Flemming 16:31 - Aug 31 with 6196 viewsFrimleyBlue

But imo its really stupid to be going into deadline day needing a striker

The windows been fab. But whats that now. 4 years of scraping around on deadline day for another striker.

Waka Waka
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

3
I like Flemming on 16:33 - Aug 31 with 3969 viewspointofblue

Succeeding in signing striker who could make a difference would be a step up on successive summer windows though. Small steps and all that.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

1
I like Flemming on 16:35 - Aug 31 with 3948 viewsStokieBlue

I'm sure they weren't trying, probably were all down the pub thinking they didn't need to worry about a striker until deadline day.

SB

Avatar - M101 - Pinwheel Galaxy

11
I like Flemming on 16:36 - Aug 31 with 3912 viewsSwansea_Blue

I like Flemming on 16:35 - Aug 31 by StokieBlue

I'm sure they weren't trying, probably were all down the pub thinking they didn't need to worry about a striker until deadline day.

SB


Down the pub with Stuart Watson, getting him to release links for sh*ts and giggles. The little tinkers.

Poll: Escaped Goat of the day. Who’s it going to be?

7
I like Flemming on 16:40 - Aug 31 with 3860 viewsJ2BLUE

Save the criticism for if it doesn't happen IMO.

Going into the season without another striker would be criminal. If they get Flemming or Abraham over the line then it's been a great window.

I have faith. There is no evidence we would do so with the current owners/CEO but I hope we don't worry too much about the price (within reason). We're going to have to pay a premium now of a million or two. Just got to get on with it.
7
I like Flemming on 16:41 - Aug 31 with 3844 viewsFrimleyBlue

I like Flemming on 16:35 - Aug 31 by StokieBlue

I'm sure they weren't trying, probably were all down the pub thinking they didn't need to worry about a striker until deadline day.

SB


Didnt say anything about lack of trying. But trying and doing could be the difference of us staying up SB. Every summer its full of im sure they tried.

The recruitment may have had a great window.. but all of it could count for nothing and thats incredibly frustrating.

Waka Waka
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

1
I like Flemming on 16:42 - Aug 31 with 3833 viewsITFC_Forever

It’d be really, really stupid coming out of deadline day without one…

P 1204, W 529, D 308, L 367, F 1826, A 1483 92 / 92
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

6
I like Flemming on 16:43 - Aug 31 with 3815 viewsFrimleyBlue

I like Flemming on 16:40 - Aug 31 by J2BLUE

Save the criticism for if it doesn't happen IMO.

Going into the season without another striker would be criminal. If they get Flemming or Abraham over the line then it's been a great window.

I have faith. There is no evidence we would do so with the current owners/CEO but I hope we don't worry too much about the price (within reason). We're going to have to pay a premium now of a million or two. Just got to get on with it.


I think even if it doesnt happen j2 we will still see replies of we tried tho.

But lets see. A massive 24 hours ahead of us.

Waka Waka
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

0
I like Flemming on 16:44 - Aug 31 with 3807 viewsBugs

I like Flemming on 16:35 - Aug 31 by StokieBlue

I'm sure they weren't trying, probably were all down the pub thinking they didn't need to worry about a striker until deadline day.

SB


"Can I have 3 pints of Becks, 4 pints of Adnams, 4 packs of salt & vinegar crisps, 2 pickled eggs and a centre forward (2 if you have them) on deadline day, please?"
0
Login to get fewer ads

I like Flemming on 16:57 - Aug 31 with 3684 viewsGarv

Going into the start of the season without good enough striker options is stupid if we want to be more specific.

Poll: If forced to sell one of the following this summer, who would you sell?

1
I like Flemming on 17:06 - Aug 31 with 3565 viewsJ2BLUE

I like Flemming on 16:43 - Aug 31 by FrimleyBlue

I think even if it doesnt happen j2 we will still see replies of we tried tho.

But lets see. A massive 24 hours ahead of us.


I don't think it will happen. I will definitely be critical if it does.

We could easily sign strikers. We could go out and overpay for someone like Vipotnik and get it done in July but we want a certain quality.

If we get Flemming in, I think that's a very good signing for this stage of our progression. Abraham obviously would be great. We just need one of them.
1
I like Flemming on 17:20 - Aug 31 with 3438 viewsPositivelyPortman

It’s not deadline day today - it’s tomorrow. For all we know, Fleming is at the club right now.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

0
I like Flemming on 17:27 - Aug 31 with 3366 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I like Flemming on 17:20 - Aug 31 by PositivelyPortman

It’s not deadline day today - it’s tomorrow. For all we know, Fleming is at the club right now.


Rumours online that he's been here all day.
Could be bollox of course.

Poll: If we were to spend £200m would you rather

0
I like Flemming on 17:31 - Aug 31 with 3336 viewsFrimleyBlue

I like Flemming on 17:20 - Aug 31 by PositivelyPortman

It’s not deadline day today - it’s tomorrow. For all we know, Fleming is at the club right now.


I hope he has, i'd have been happy with us signing him weeks ago.

Do you think that is defo the end of the Tammy loan potential or maybe both could still be on the cards?
[Post edited 31 Aug 17:32]

Waka Waka
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

-1
I like Flemming on 17:32 - Aug 31 with 3317 viewspointofblue

I like Flemming on 17:27 - Aug 31 by Cheltenham_Blue

Rumours online that he's been here all day.
Could be bollox of course.


That would be interesting considering it hasn't even be revealed whether Burnley have even accepted the offer.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

0
I like Flemming on 17:39 - Aug 31 with 3235 viewsBloomBlue

We did sign Emersonn early in the transfer window, which was good.

All, well most, PL clubs are trying to sign a striker this late in the window. Liverpool just signed one, I see Newcastle, Sunderland, Everton, Spurs even Arsenal to name a few, are all trying to get a striker in at that this stage. Basically from the rumours it appears only Man City & Coventry aren't looking at the moment.

Whether we've missed our main target we will never know. If Arsenal don't sign Julian Alvarez you could argue the PL champions even failed to sign their two top striker targets given Vinicius Junior also rejected joining them. It happens, especially with strikers as they're always seems to a domino affect and that invariably occurs at the end of the window.
1
I like Flemming on 17:45 - Aug 31 with 3173 views_CliveBaker_

Not really how it works in reality is it? We’ve been interested in Flemming for weeks, you don’t just make an offer on deadline day and cross your fingers, we’ll have known what it would take to get him from the club & agent.

Like all clubs you line up deals, have back ups etc. We wont get everyone we want, not many do.

He’s a good addition though, proper forward.
0
I like Flemming on 17:50 - Aug 31 with 3121 viewscatch74

I like Flemming on 17:45 - Aug 31 by _CliveBaker_

Not really how it works in reality is it? We’ve been interested in Flemming for weeks, you don’t just make an offer on deadline day and cross your fingers, we’ll have known what it would take to get him from the club & agent.

Like all clubs you line up deals, have back ups etc. We wont get everyone we want, not many do.

He’s a good addition though, proper forward.


I also wouldn’t be surprised if Delap was a (maybe top) target on loan, as soon as he looked like he was off to Forest then the Abraham rumours started. He’s maybe decided we’re not to him, so we’ve moved on to Fleming. The hold up could well have been the wait for Delap, it’s not like there’s 100’s suitable strikers to choose from either.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

0
I like Flemming on 18:43 - Aug 31 with 2951 viewsottovonbismark

I like Flemming too, he's the perfect age, experience, physical presence and more than anything else he's a great boost for Emersonn. as he will take a lot of the pressure and responsibility from him.

Honestly I'm expecting good things from him. He would have been a great outlet for us on Sunday away to Utd.
1
I like Flemming on 19:01 - Aug 31 with 2864 viewsNutkins_Return

Such an easy thing to sit and post on a forum.

The reality is every single team are looking for the same profiles of strikers and nearly all teams play 1 up top these days. Deals can't be done until the top sides have what they want and it all cascades and falls into place.

There has obviously been confidence we would land someone but things can fall through (that could be Delap loan suddenly falling through as some decided to pay the silly bucks, Tammy wobbling, Cherif maybe deciding more game time at Cov or X,Y,Z others - not stating any of these as true just examples).

You can choose to overpay to an acceptable level to push something early e.g with Emersonn which makes sense. But unless we were comfortable with £45m overspend in a Delap or others we don't know but price too high.

As much as we all know it's important to get a striker in I don't think it's desperate. Enciso has played there for GON and actually for certain games wouldn't be surprised to see it. Even a game like Liverpool.
[Post edited 31 Aug 20:17]

Poll: Who do we think McKenna (not you) will partner Greaves with ?

3
I like Flemming on 19:50 - Aug 31 with 2694 viewsGuthrum

I like Flemming on 17:32 - Aug 31 by pointofblue

That would be interesting considering it hasn't even be revealed whether Burnley have even accepted the offer.


Which does not mean that there is no acceptance, merely that the information has not made it into the public domain. With the speed things have to move in the last couple of days of the window, that perhaps should not be surprising.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

1
I like Flemming on 20:20 - Aug 31 with 2545 viewsNutkins_Return

I like Flemming on 16:41 - Aug 31 by FrimleyBlue

Didnt say anything about lack of trying. But trying and doing could be the difference of us staying up SB. Every summer its full of im sure they tried.

The recruitment may have had a great window.. but all of it could count for nothing and thats incredibly frustrating.


Peak ungrateful and full of rubbish frankly. Unbelievable honestly and I'm more amazed you got some likes!

3 promotions in 4 seasons and moaning with "every summer it's full of I'm sure they tried".

Every summer every club don't get every player they want and the perfect window. Our window has been frankly fantastic. Emerson looks an excellent striker. We will likely get one more (you are moaning before the fact FFS!). Enciso has played there for GON. We have good options. Not quite perfect yet.

So unbelievably entitled.
[Post edited 31 Aug 20:21]

Poll: Who do we think McKenna (not you) will partner Greaves with ?

5
I like Flemming on 20:24 - Aug 31 with 2504 viewsWheres_Burns

Nothing against Flemming but it certainly does feel like he was way down on any list and a little bit like the Szmodics deal dare I say.
0
I like Flemming on 20:30 - Aug 31 with 2432 viewspointofblue

I like Flemming on 19:01 - Aug 31 by Nutkins_Return

Such an easy thing to sit and post on a forum.

The reality is every single team are looking for the same profiles of strikers and nearly all teams play 1 up top these days. Deals can't be done until the top sides have what they want and it all cascades and falls into place.

There has obviously been confidence we would land someone but things can fall through (that could be Delap loan suddenly falling through as some decided to pay the silly bucks, Tammy wobbling, Cherif maybe deciding more game time at Cov or X,Y,Z others - not stating any of these as true just examples).

You can choose to overpay to an acceptable level to push something early e.g with Emersonn which makes sense. But unless we were comfortable with £45m overspend in a Delap or others we don't know but price too high.

As much as we all know it's important to get a striker in I don't think it's desperate. Enciso has played there for GON and actually for certain games wouldn't be surprised to see it. Even a game like Liverpool.
[Post edited 31 Aug 20:17]


It's a funny thing that most teams only play with one striker but it seems to be a struggle for every side to sign one!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

0
I like Flemming on 20:30 - Aug 31 with 2432 viewsVic

They clearly didn’t want to though did they. They got everything tied up with Villa for Timmy last week, it’s just that he beggared us about

Poll: Will you be watching the 3rd/4th place play off game?

0
I like Flemming on 20:32 - Aug 31 with 2408 viewsThatMuhrenCross

You think they’ve only decided to start looking today….?

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

2
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026