By continuing to use the site, you agree to our use of cookies and to abide by our Terms and Conditions. We in turn value your personal details in accordance with our Privacy Policy.
Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
It doesn't. Exactly the same except they now have more threat. They again didn't even have to try. Went for it for fifteen minutes. Scored two and then controlled the game.
2
How different does this feel to the last time we lost 2-0 at home to Liverpool? on 21:57 - Sep 4 with 1417 views
How different does this feel to the last time we lost 2-0 at home to Liverpool? on 22:01 - Sep 4 by andyblue231
That is…optimistic I would say.
I dont think so
3 shots outside the box we had players ready to be played through instead At one point fatawu had davis and palacios free at the back post and didnt cross it Emmerson didnt follow up a shot spilled Flemming played in well tried too fatawu.. clarke was free on the left witb only one defender covering.
Options were there. Our end product was terrible tonight.
How different does this feel to the last time we lost 2-0 at home to Liverpool? on 21:57 - Sep 4 by FrimleyBlue
Felt if we chose better options at times we might have scored a couple tonight.
I actually agree with you.
I actually really enjoyed that as a football match. I thought we were staring down the barrel of a big defeat after 9 mins. But we pulled ourselves together well and I thought we did exactly the right thing to calm it down and get control of the ball which we did. Try and get a goal, and then have a chance toward the end with tension int he game. We did actually get into some good positions quite a few times about just didn't quite have the cutting edge tonight.
We ended the game with better XG (which backs up we were getting in good areas), decent possession and more shots. Doesn't give you any points but it demonstrates we were competitive.
I really enjoy watching us play and the calibre of player. Patterns are better than last season (helped by quality). I'm convinced we will give majority of teams a problem and can pick up points. Back to back away now.
How different does this feel to the last time we lost 2-0 at home to Liverpool? on 22:04 - Sep 4 by FrimleyBlue
I dont think so
3 shots outside the box we had players ready to be played through instead At one point fatawu had davis and palacios free at the back post and didnt cross it Emmerson didnt follow up a shot spilled Flemming played in well tried too fatawu.. clarke was free on the left witb only one defender covering.
Options were there. Our end product was terrible tonight.
I wouldn't say terrible but it certainly could have been better.
We were also well beaten but defensively didn't do ourselves any favours.
Last time we defended so well for 80 minutes and then didn't have enough to see it out. This time they had the game won inside 10 minutes and then we didn't have enough to really trouble them.
The former is always going to feel better than the latter but they are the same result. What is most important is to pick up points in the next games.
How different does this feel to the last time we lost 2-0 at home to Liverpool? on 23:34 - Sep 4 by Nthsuffolkblue
I wouldn't say terrible but it certainly could have been better.
We were also well beaten but defensively didn't do ourselves any favours.
Last time we defended so well for 80 minutes and then didn't have enough to see it out. This time they had the game won inside 10 minutes and then we didn't have enough to really trouble them.
The former is always going to feel better than the latter but they are the same result. What is most important is to pick up points in the next games.
It was pretty terrible
40 odd dangerous attacks only lead to 17 shots. Thats a poor return made out of poor decisions and execution.