| Our season . . . 05:47 - Sep 5 with 489 views | bsw72 | . . . will not be defined by results against the likes of Liverpool and Man Utd, the next 3 league matches will be the benchmark. Get to the international break with at least 7 points from 18 and we have a foundation to build on. |  | | |  |
| Our season . . . on 05:57 - Sep 5 with 448 views | fallyblue | Totally agree, people need to calm down, but it will be mega difficult as we have the makings of a premier league team but we don’t have a premier league squad |  | |  |
| Our season . . . on 07:41 - Sep 5 with 336 views | Blue_Uprising | Not calling out the OP at all but seeing this statement al lot from others I thought it was useful to make a quick point. Clearly in general we don’t expect to beat top teams regularly. And the prem is defined as a league with three mini leagues within it. However as others have pointed out we will need about 10 wins and 10 draws to stay up. Some of those points and maybe the odd three points will have to come against top 6 (certainly top 10 clubs) And that will need to involve killing the game as entertainment. A slog of a game, expert low block, constantly breaking up play. Last night was for me an obvious occasion to give that a go. I’m a little surprised GON seemed to set us up so open and to go toe to toe. I know he put a positive spin on his post match presser and hope that behind the scenes he is having a few harsher words and a bit of a rethink for his type of game. The bit of positive spin that worries me in particular was that we have learnt a bit from man u about resilience because of what happened after going 2-0 down. I mean, what most people would consider learning resilience would have been tightening up straight after going 1-0 down to a poor goal inside 6mins. And keeping it at 1-0 for a longer period. Sure we might have conceded another 30/40 mins later or in the second half and still lost 2-0. But in my view, that would have constituted some minor progression from the Man U second half and I’d feel more positive about the result overall. I’m not sure I can criticise the players really more some nativity in our overall set up. We are a much better, more skillful, capable team than last time. We will be more competitive in our mini league I’m sure. But we lost out last time round in gamecraft and let’s not do so again please. Lets make ourselves a real horrible thorn in the side to top 6 sides please. |  | |  |
| |