By continuing to use the site, you agree to our use of cookies and to abide by our Terms and Conditions. We in turn value your personal details in accordance with our Privacy Policy.
Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Beware your half-time cuppa at PR on 08:41 - Sep 9 by EJP
Can only, and I cannot stress this enough, be drunk at winter football matches.
Contrary to your proscription, I did get a Bovril on Friday evening - just felt in the mood. It was scalding hot - too hot to hold the cup even. I put it down under my seat and forgot about it until half-time at which point it was at exactly the right temoerature to drink. In winter, I think it would have cooled down too much. So perhaps an autumn evening match is the perfect time to get one.
1
Beware your half-time cuppa at PR on 10:38 - Sep 9 with 1833 views
The thing that put me off buying tea in upper north was the fact that on a couple of occasions the water was off.
I did subsequently have a Bovril on one occasion which was fine, but maybe that masked the taste of the water.
My only other observation is that tea should properly be made with boiling water, and this is why the tea one gets in coffee shops is often pretty bad too because the water isn't warm enough.
Beware your half-time cuppa at PR on 10:38 - Sep 9 by DJR
The thing that put me off buying tea in upper north was the fact that on a couple of occasions the water was off.
I did subsequently have a Bovril on one occasion which was fine, but maybe that masked the taste of the water.
My only other observation is that tea should properly be made with boiling water, and this is why the tea one gets in coffee shops is often pretty bad too because the water isn't warm enough.
[Post edited 9 Sep 10:42]
boiling water is a must as long as the boiling point is 100 degrees. I stay at altitude in the Alps often, but it is hard to get a good cup of tea as the water boils at 95 degrees at 1500 metres. The higher you get the worse it is. Tea drinkers are lucky to be near sea level.
0
Beware your half-time cuppa at PR on 12:23 - Sep 9 with 1535 views
Is 'Food Pipe' a medical term, or something dreamt up by a member of today's Yoof, one that likely calls their dog a 'Fur Baby' and their children 'Little people'?
Beware your half-time cuppa at PR on 08:16 - Sep 9 by farkenhell
As disgusting as marmite.
Mrs F loves them both.
Bovril is lava in a cup. Can be a lifesaver. Been at both Coventry and Charlton years ago over Christmas where it was a hypothermia saver. Stayed scolding hot well into the second half too! Much better than tea.
I like bovril. Loath marmite, love Twiglets. Odd.
0
Beware your half-time cuppa at PR on 18:34 - Sep 9 with 1016 views
Beware your half-time cuppa at PR on 17:41 - Sep 9 by Churchman
Bovril is lava in a cup. Can be a lifesaver. Been at both Coventry and Charlton years ago over Christmas where it was a hypothermia saver. Stayed scolding hot well into the second half too! Much better than tea.
I like bovril. Loath marmite, love Twiglets. Odd.
Talk of Twiglets reminds me of the Peak Freans factory in Bermondsey where Twiglets were made.
It is no longer there but it was situated next to the the railway line running into London Bridge, and I must have passed it hundreds of times.
Goodness me, I never knew they were made there. I thought Peak Freans were a northern company. I too must have rumbled past 100s of times. I never knew the origin of the Twiglets either:
‘Twiglets were invented the Peek Freans Biscuity Factory in 1929. Although considered a British staple, they are actually the brainchild of the factory’s French technical manager J. Rondalin. He added brewer’s yeast to a leftover batch of Vitawheat dough, spawning the speckled-brown delicacy enjoyed nationwide.’
0
Beware your half-time cuppa at PR on 10:16 - Sep 10 with 613 views