Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… 14:05 - Sep 21 with 3904 viewsSitfcB





How is that a legal matter?

Plus so much time has passed since then ffs.

COYB
Poll: Should we block polls for one day?
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

-17
Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 23:34 - Sep 21 with 1042 viewsarmchaircritic59

Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 20:50 - Sep 21 by balcombeblue

I got my jabs and encouraged everyone I know to do the same.

But I am reluctant to the idea of legally mandated vaccines. Individual liberty, collective harm, bodily autonomy, all are complex moral issues.


Can I therefore assume that you would support someone passing on the likes of Covid or any other virus/infection to someone like me who carries a card round with him saying he's potentially open to overwhelming infection, on the basis that they have some " moral " issue? As far as I'm concerned ( and it would be the same if I hadn't the issue I have ) when it comes to potentially passing on killer viruses and diseases to others, there are no moral issues, just humane ones.
2
Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 07:40 - Sep 22 with 905 viewsbalcombeblue

Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 23:12 - Sep 21 by positivity

where do you stand on seatbelts? speeding? running red lights? drug laws? assisted dying? second-hand smoking? noise nuisance?

lots of laws are in place for the common good over individual preference


The driving examples are not remotely comparable. In driving a car you accept to abide by the laws of the road.

I think you need to flip the analogy from banning something to mandating something. That’s the difference. The same applies for taking illegal drugs.
0
Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 07:44 - Sep 22 with 894 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 22:04 - Sep 21 by balcombeblue

We totally agree on Xhaka. Stupid, deceitful, whatever it was.

I appreciate what you are saying about 'selfish', but I just don't see it that way. I think you should have the personal authority to say no without being ostracised for it. I appreciate that was a minortiy view.

Doctor's must have faced a moral dilemma on the 'do no harm' Principle. Giving the vaccine to somebody who faced no harm themselves is pretty close to that threshold.


Are you just a bit of a contrarian, Balcy?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.
Blog: Between The Lines 2, The Irreverent PREM Poetry Of ITFC - Match 5 - “The Fat Of The Land”

3
Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 07:53 - Sep 22 with 872 viewsbalcombeblue

Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 23:34 - Sep 21 by armchaircritic59

Can I therefore assume that you would support someone passing on the likes of Covid or any other virus/infection to someone like me who carries a card round with him saying he's potentially open to overwhelming infection, on the basis that they have some " moral " issue? As far as I'm concerned ( and it would be the same if I hadn't the issue I have ) when it comes to potentially passing on killer viruses and diseases to others, there are no moral issues, just humane ones.


No, you can’t assume that I support the passing on of infections, that’s a huge straw man leap from the point I was making, it also ignores my own personal stance. Questioning my humanity doesn’t change the moral position.

The point I am making is that bodily autonomy should outweigh the power of government to mandate vaccination. In the UK it did come very close to mandating.

There are many other similar examples I could counter. Genetic screening of babies? Organ and blood donation.
1
Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 07:59 - Sep 22 with 838 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 07:53 - Sep 22 by balcombeblue

No, you can’t assume that I support the passing on of infections, that’s a huge straw man leap from the point I was making, it also ignores my own personal stance. Questioning my humanity doesn’t change the moral position.

The point I am making is that bodily autonomy should outweigh the power of government to mandate vaccination. In the UK it did come very close to mandating.

There are many other similar examples I could counter. Genetic screening of babies? Organ and blood donation.


What about a zombie apocalypse?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.
Blog: Between The Lines 2, The Irreverent PREM Poetry Of ITFC - Match 5 - “The Fat Of The Land”

1
Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 07:59 - Sep 22 with 835 viewsbalcombeblue

Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 07:44 - Sep 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

Are you just a bit of a contrarian, Balcy?


Morning!

It's possible, but I am not sure I go against the conventional thought for the sake of it.

I've also been very much in favour of individual liberty and also had a (hopefully) healthy cynicism of government and institutions.

I did have the vaccine.
I did comply with Covid rules

I remember my first week at uni, when the SWP starting tapping people up on my floor. I was the only one who resisted! Thank god for that!
0
Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 08:09 - Sep 22 with 801 viewsDJR

Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 07:44 - Sep 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

Are you just a bit of a contrarian, Balcy?


I don't think it is contrarian, it is libertarian which is a concept not confined to the right.

I agree vaccines should not have been mandated for a number of reasons but was content with the consequences that followed for not having the vaccine, such as the inability to travel abroad or go to football matches, and including the death of some very high profile opponents.

Djokovic took a principled stance which probably prevented him getting close to 30 Grand Slams, but Xhaka clearly didn't. As a result, I am content for him to suffer the consequences of his deception.
[Post edited 22 Sep 8:22]
2
Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 08:24 - Sep 22 with 755 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 08:09 - Sep 22 by DJR

I don't think it is contrarian, it is libertarian which is a concept not confined to the right.

I agree vaccines should not have been mandated for a number of reasons but was content with the consequences that followed for not having the vaccine, such as the inability to travel abroad or go to football matches, and including the death of some very high profile opponents.

Djokovic took a principled stance which probably prevented him getting close to 30 Grand Slams, but Xhaka clearly didn't. As a result, I am content for him to suffer the consequences of his deception.
[Post edited 22 Sep 8:22]


I don't just mean on this, Balcy seems to take the opposing/devil's advocate view on a lot of subjects.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.
Blog: Between The Lines 2, The Irreverent PREM Poetry Of ITFC - Match 5 - “The Fat Of The Land”

1
Login to get fewer ads

Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 08:28 - Sep 22 with 745 viewstonybied

Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 07:40 - Sep 22 by balcombeblue

The driving examples are not remotely comparable. In driving a car you accept to abide by the laws of the road.

I think you need to flip the analogy from banning something to mandating something. That’s the difference. The same applies for taking illegal drugs.


The Xhaka situation IS comparable though. To travel across borders you have to abide by the laws of the country you are leaving, and entering. He didn't, so should get chastised, much as he would if caught contravening road laws.
4
Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 08:29 - Sep 22 with 739 viewsbalcombeblue

Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 08:09 - Sep 22 by DJR

I don't think it is contrarian, it is libertarian which is a concept not confined to the right.

I agree vaccines should not have been mandated for a number of reasons but was content with the consequences that followed for not having the vaccine, such as the inability to travel abroad or go to football matches, and including the death of some very high profile opponents.

Djokovic took a principled stance which probably prevented him getting close to 30 Grand Slams, but Xhaka clearly didn't. As a result, I am content for him to suffer the consequences of his deception.
[Post edited 22 Sep 8:22]


I have sympathy for those who are vulnerable and for whom the virus caused significant risk. My position is often confused with not caring/lacking humanity, but I think it is totally the reverse.

My real 'cause' is in support of Lucy Letby. I was absolutely a contrarian 2.5 years ago, but the worm has turned on that one. I'd like to start a post on that one as it wraps up many of the issues I am concerned about
1
Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 08:32 - Sep 22 with 734 viewsDJR

Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 08:24 - Sep 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

I don't just mean on this, Balcy seems to take the opposing/devil's advocate view on a lot of subjects.


I don't get the impression he is doing it for that reason though, and I think what he says is sometimes misinterpreted, or assumptions are made that do not follow from what he says.

And when it comes to this sort of thing, I always go back to the words of John Stuart Mills.

"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
1
Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 08:35 - Sep 22 with 709 viewsbalcombeblue

Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 08:32 - Sep 22 by DJR

I don't get the impression he is doing it for that reason though, and I think what he says is sometimes misinterpreted, or assumptions are made that do not follow from what he says.

And when it comes to this sort of thing, I always go back to the words of John Stuart Mills.

"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."


errrr - Hi Flash! I am here while you're talking about me.

Lovely quoting of Mill there.

Also, would make the following point. Whether it be Lucy Letby, adopting the Euro, free speech, illegal immigration, lords reform and so on my view is not unique. It would be held by millions of people on the planet at the same time, just like yours.
0
Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 08:36 - Sep 22 with 704 viewsbalcombeblue

Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 08:28 - Sep 22 by tonybied

The Xhaka situation IS comparable though. To travel across borders you have to abide by the laws of the country you are leaving, and entering. He didn't, so should get chastised, much as he would if caught contravening road laws.


I agree, but that's not the point I was making
0
Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 08:39 - Sep 22 with 683 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 08:35 - Sep 22 by balcombeblue

errrr - Hi Flash! I am here while you're talking about me.

Lovely quoting of Mill there.

Also, would make the following point. Whether it be Lucy Letby, adopting the Euro, free speech, illegal immigration, lords reform and so on my view is not unique. It would be held by millions of people on the planet at the same time, just like yours.


I just meant from what's been posted on here. I'm sure you could find every view possible out there in the real world!

Did you buy my book BTW? Enjoying it?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.
Blog: Between The Lines 2, The Irreverent PREM Poetry Of ITFC - Match 5 - “The Fat Of The Land”

0
Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 08:45 - Sep 22 with 663 viewsbalcombeblue

Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 08:39 - Sep 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

I just meant from what's been posted on here. I'm sure you could find every view possible out there in the real world!

Did you buy my book BTW? Enjoying it?


I did buy it. It's excellent flicking through and remembering some of the games, particularly Blackburn with that late equaliser and also the Sheff U 5-0.

Coincidentally, I was at the national poetry library at the Southbank centre a couple of weeks back. Have you sent them a copy?

(Note to readers: The Southbank Centre was mostly full of leftist nonsense)

Edit: I want to keep my copy, but I am happy to donate them another.
[Post edited 22 Sep 8:49]
0
Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 09:06 - Sep 22 with 617 viewsDJR

Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 08:29 - Sep 22 by balcombeblue

I have sympathy for those who are vulnerable and for whom the virus caused significant risk. My position is often confused with not caring/lacking humanity, but I think it is totally the reverse.

My real 'cause' is in support of Lucy Letby. I was absolutely a contrarian 2.5 years ago, but the worm has turned on that one. I'd like to start a post on that one as it wraps up many of the issues I am concerned about


I wasn't suggesting a lack of humanity on your part, not least because your view mirrors my view and my mother died from Covid.
1
Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 09:10 - Sep 22 with 593 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 08:45 - Sep 22 by balcombeblue

I did buy it. It's excellent flicking through and remembering some of the games, particularly Blackburn with that late equaliser and also the Sheff U 5-0.

Coincidentally, I was at the national poetry library at the Southbank centre a couple of weeks back. Have you sent them a copy?

(Note to readers: The Southbank Centre was mostly full of leftist nonsense)

Edit: I want to keep my copy, but I am happy to donate them another.
[Post edited 22 Sep 8:49]


Cheers! I've been in that myself a while back, after watching a show. Didn't know you could just send them one? I'll have to look into it. I can get author's copies for a couple of quid, so no need to send yours. Dunno if they'd want a book of Ipswich poems, though, it's very niche!

I only have 5 reviews on Amazon, one of which is negative, probably from a Norwich fan, so I'd be grateful if you could leave one!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.
Blog: Between The Lines 2, The Irreverent PREM Poetry Of ITFC - Match 5 - “The Fat Of The Land”

0
Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 09:21 - Sep 22 with 568 viewsbalcombeblue

Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 09:10 - Sep 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

Cheers! I've been in that myself a while back, after watching a show. Didn't know you could just send them one? I'll have to look into it. I can get author's copies for a couple of quid, so no need to send yours. Dunno if they'd want a book of Ipswich poems, though, it's very niche!

I only have 5 reviews on Amazon, one of which is negative, probably from a Norwich fan, so I'd be grateful if you could leave one!


I will leave one for sure.

Yes, you can send them a copy. It's a significant collection of poetry. What's the worst they will do, chuck it?!

Browsing libraries for books like yours is one of life's pleasures.
1
Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 09:59 - Sep 22 with 513 viewsbalcombeblue

Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 09:21 - Sep 22 by balcombeblue

I will leave one for sure.

Yes, you can send them a copy. It's a significant collection of poetry. What's the worst they will do, chuck it?!

Browsing libraries for books like yours is one of life's pleasures.


Guidelines for Submitting a Book: They aim to hold a copy of every poetry book or pamphlet published in the UK, including those from mainstream publishers, indie presses, and self-published authors.Contact First: Before mailing anything, it is highly recommended to reach out to the acquisition or library staff directly to confirm their exact current delivery address and submission procedures. You can contact them via the National Poetry Library Contact Page or by emailing them at info@poetrylibrary.org.uk
1
Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 10:28 - Sep 22 with 481 viewsbartyg

Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 08:24 - Sep 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

I don't just mean on this, Balcy seems to take the opposing/devil's advocate view on a lot of subjects.


I don't think that's quite fair. I disagree with them on a lot of points, but I always get the impression that they are being genuine with what they believe.

Far more than can be said of some other posters in a similar vein.

FREE ISRAEL FROM THE IDF

3
Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 10:30 - Sep 22 with 474 viewsbalcombeblue

Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 10:28 - Sep 22 by bartyg

I don't think that's quite fair. I disagree with them on a lot of points, but I always get the impression that they are being genuine with what they believe.

Far more than can be said of some other posters in a similar vein.


I do try to be reasonable, while holding my ground.

I'm a decent chap I promise.
0
Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 14:47 - Sep 22 with 358 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 09:21 - Sep 22 by balcombeblue

I will leave one for sure.

Yes, you can send them a copy. It's a significant collection of poetry. What's the worst they will do, chuck it?!

Browsing libraries for books like yours is one of life's pleasures.


Cheers, you're a star!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.
Blog: Between The Lines 2, The Irreverent PREM Poetry Of ITFC - Match 5 - “The Fat Of The Land”

0
Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 14:49 - Sep 22 with 353 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Granit Xhaka faked a Covid-19 vaccination certificate… on 09:59 - Sep 22 by balcombeblue

Guidelines for Submitting a Book: They aim to hold a copy of every poetry book or pamphlet published in the UK, including those from mainstream publishers, indie presses, and self-published authors.Contact First: Before mailing anything, it is highly recommended to reach out to the acquisition or library staff directly to confirm their exact current delivery address and submission procedures. You can contact them via the National Poetry Library Contact Page or by emailing them at info@poetrylibrary.org.uk


Brilliant, thanks again.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.
Blog: Between The Lines 2, The Irreverent PREM Poetry Of ITFC - Match 5 - “The Fat Of The Land”

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026