Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No subject 12:22 - Sep 23 with 577 viewsgarys_knashers

[Post edited 23 Sep 12:41]
0
Football coaches and hair dryer treatment with kids. on 12:42 - Sep 23 with 505 viewsSaleAway

No need for foul language at all, and to be honest, I don't really see the need for the hair dryer treatment. We're talking junior football. If there are players in the team not performing, calling them out in front of their mates is more likely to cause issues than improvement.

It really depends on the kid though, but if I thought it was a lack of effort of a particular player, I'd be having a 1 to 1 chat at the next training session after the game... asking them what they thought of their own performance, and working through it with them.

If the whole team are struggling, then I'd be looking at how to reset for the 2nd half... a quick, well that didn't go to plan, and then, lets reset, go again, but this time, I want to see us playing to our values... if we're going to lose, then lets lose with pride, i want everyone leaving that pitch knowing that they've done all they can... that sort of encouragement, not an aggressive approach.

post edit note: original post seems to have been removed, but leaving this here, as its probably still a valid response to a question about how to deal with underperforming kids as a coach.
[Post edited 23 Sep 12:44]

Poll: What will/does your retirement income look like ( including state pension)?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026