Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man City 15:21 - Sep 25 with 2481 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Is reckoning finally comming?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/fo

Poll: Where will Town finish the season?

0
Man City on 15:32 - Sep 25 with 2420 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Well there's still the possibility that it drags on through the courts I guess but first step?

Poll: As we are indulging in pointless quesions. If my aunt had balls would she be ...

1
Man City. The amount of charges they have been found guilty of on 15:51 - Sep 25 with 2325 viewsmuccletonjoe

Is pretty incredible, and certainly points to a hefty points deduction at the very least, with precedents of relegation in recent years , spotlight is well and truly on the outcome now .
1
Man City on 15:54 - Sep 25 with 2300 viewsnorfsufblue

Nothing on SSN yet... really strange
2
Man City on 15:56 - Sep 25 with 2288 viewsMullet

Man City on 15:54 - Sep 25 by norfsufblue

Nothing on SSN yet... really strange




I walk through the Etihad everyday now. It’s a massive building site.

Hotel, restaurants all going in and the coop live next door. There will be a lot of money riding on them getting away with it.

Poll: Which itfc kit do you usually buy
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

0
Man City on 16:04 - Sep 25 with 2239 viewsflykickingbybgunn

Do to them what they did to Rangers. Send them back to the bottom of the 92 or further.
I would like to see Lowestoft or Felixtowe play at the Edihad. Give every lower league team a boost.
0
Man City on 16:13 - Sep 25 with 2195 viewsMattinLondon

Man City on 16:04 - Sep 25 by flykickingbybgunn

Do to them what they did to Rangers. Send them back to the bottom of the 92 or further.
I would like to see Lowestoft or Felixtowe play at the Edihad. Give every lower league team a boost.


I could well be wrong but I’m not sure Man City can be relegated to the EFL. Think the worst that can happen is a massive points deduction plus a massive fine.

Could be wrong.
2
Man City on 16:21 - Sep 25 with 2149 viewsflykickingbybgunn

Man City on 16:13 - Sep 25 by MattinLondon

I could well be wrong but I’m not sure Man City can be relegated to the EFL. Think the worst that can happen is a massive points deduction plus a massive fine.

Could be wrong.


I bow to supirior intellegence. If so it is a pity.
But perhaps they could be banned from the EPL for a few seasons.
Then Haalands £500k/week wages for the next 6-7 years will start to raise a tear in any accountants eyes.
1
Man City on 16:26 - Sep 25 with 2103 viewsMattinLondon

Man City on 16:21 - Sep 25 by flykickingbybgunn

I bow to supirior intellegence. If so it is a pity.
But perhaps they could be banned from the EPL for a few seasons.
Then Haalands £500k/week wages for the next 6-7 years will start to raise a tear in any accountants eyes.


I wouldn’t bow down to my intelligence as….well, have you read any of my posts?

As I said I could be wrong.

I might well be too cynical but I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s some behind closed door deal being thrashed out as punishment. They’ll guess that Man City will end up on 80 points and so tell
City to accept a 40 point deduction or if they drag it on, it’ll become 60 points.

That’ll allow City a chance to avoid relegation whilst giving an impression that they’ve been relatively strict.
1
Login to get fewer ads

Man City on 16:27 - Sep 25 with 2098 viewsbartyg

Man City on 16:13 - Sep 25 by MattinLondon

I could well be wrong but I’m not sure Man City can be relegated to the EFL. Think the worst that can happen is a massive points deduction plus a massive fine.

Could be wrong.


Based on what? There's no precedent.

I assume because this is Premier League action they can't exercise jurisdiction over the EFL, but I'm sure straight removal from the Prem is possible.

FREE ISRAEL FROM THE IDF

0
Man City on 16:27 - Sep 25 with 2090 viewsKentish_Tractor

Got to be a massive points deduction.

At least 10 points deduction from Everton.

Man City to get off scot-free.

Poll: Assume we have the money for one more big signing. Where do you spend it?

0
Man City on 16:31 - Sep 25 with 2040 viewsMattinLondon

Man City on 16:27 - Sep 25 by bartyg

Based on what? There's no precedent.

I assume because this is Premier League action they can't exercise jurisdiction over the EFL, but I'm sure straight removal from the Prem is possible.


You’re right. But expulsion from the PL for severe rule violations requires 75% of the clubs to go along with it.
0
Man City on 16:33 - Sep 25 with 2021 viewsbartyg

Man City on 16:31 - Sep 25 by MattinLondon

You’re right. But expulsion from the PL for severe rule violations requires 75% of the clubs to go along with it.


How many do you think would vote against though?

FREE ISRAEL FROM THE IDF

0
Man City on 16:41 - Sep 25 with 1935 viewsGuthrum

Man City on 16:04 - Sep 25 by flykickingbybgunn

Do to them what they did to Rangers. Send them back to the bottom of the 92 or further.
I would like to see Lowestoft or Felixtowe play at the Edihad. Give every lower league team a boost.


The Rangers situation was quite different. The club was effectively wound up, a successor was created and that had to work its way up from the lower reaches. It was not a punishment imposed by the SFA, as such.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

1
Man City on 16:41 - Sep 25 with 1936 viewsHighgateBlue

Reckoning does appear to be coming.

Reading between the lines, it appears as though even at this stage there is a confidentiality provision which prevents either party from saying anything publicly. So either the reports are wrong, and there is no decision on liability yet, or (as seems much more likely) someone has leaked it to the media.

Assuming the latter, neither the PL nor Man City can confirm or deny publicly still. One would imagine that either the parties will agree on some kind of statement at this stage, and have it ratified by the panel if needs be, in order to prevent the vacuum of news and massive speculation from going down the wrong track, or if not, either:
(a) once the decision of this panel is final (i.e. sanctions have been determined), it will no longer be confidential, because of the terms binding the parties that already exist; or
(b) the panel itself will make some ruling on lifting confidentiality, pursuant to its terms of reference; or
(c) most depressingly of all I suppose it might all remain confidential until any appeal is heard, such that even the existence of an appeal would remain secret.

I generally don't agree with the "secret courts" rhetoric and objection to confidential arbitrations determining most disputes of a non-criminal nature. However, the public interest in football is so strong that any disciplinary process should not be secretive. At least the existence of proceedings, the charges, the pleas, interim decisions on procedure and timetable, and decisions on liability and penalties should all be public as a matter of course. The regulator should require that, in my view.
1
Man City on 16:44 - Sep 25 with 1918 viewsGlasgowBlue


Sometimes I think about the frothing lunatics I’ve put on ignore, who will have kept replying to me again and again, but I don’t even realise they exist.
Poll: If we are promoted you can take only one of these ex players back
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

4
Man City on 16:48 - Sep 25 with 1887 viewsvapour_trail

Man City on 16:13 - Sep 25 by MattinLondon

I could well be wrong but I’m not sure Man City can be relegated to the EFL. Think the worst that can happen is a massive points deduction plus a massive fine.

Could be wrong.


A one point deduction per transgression would see them relegated.

There will lawsuits upon lawsuit from other clubs for lost revenue and titles on the back of this as well.

This is a Pandora’s box opening.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

0
Man City on 16:51 - Sep 25 with 1849 viewssquiz

Odds on City being relegated and us taking up one of the remaining 2 relegation spots?
0
Man City on 17:12 - Sep 25 with 1739 viewsrattram

Man City on 16:51 - Sep 25 by squiz

Odds on City being relegated and us taking up one of the remaining 2 relegation spots?


I would be in favour of a 1 point deduction per transgression which would relegate them BUT Man City will appeal and it will be dragged out for months. Unfortunately I think it will drag on into next season, so we still have to aim for 4th bottom, not 3rd bottom.
0
Man City on 17:34 - Sep 25 with 1636 viewsScuzzer

I wouldn't get your hopes up. It now goes to yet another appeal. With their expensive lawyers there's bound to be a 'get out of free' card. It's been a whole bucket of whitewash.

Established 1968

0
Man City on 18:08 - Sep 25 with 1499 viewsflykickingbybgunn

It will all come out in the wash.
Probably in the next century like Jarndyce v Jarndyce.
3
Man City on 18:30 - Sep 25 with 1419 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Man City on 18:08 - Sep 25 by flykickingbybgunn

It will all come out in the wash.
Probably in the next century like Jarndyce v Jarndyce.


Have an uppie for the Dickensian reference.

Poll: As we are indulging in pointless quesions. If my aunt had balls would she be ...

1
Man City on 19:12 - Sep 25 with 1267 viewsSuffolktractor

Man City on 16:27 - Sep 25 by Kentish_Tractor

Got to be a massive points deduction.

At least 10 points deduction from Everton.

Man City to get off scot-free.


I agree. I suspect Everton fans are braced for some bad news.
0
Man City on 19:54 - Sep 25 with 1153 viewsflykickingbybgunn

Man City on 18:30 - Sep 25 by You_Bloo_Right

Have an uppie for the Dickensian reference.


Too kind. I like to raise the tone.
0
Man City on 10:32 - Sep 26 with 520 viewspedrail

Man City on 17:12 - Sep 25 by rattram

I would be in favour of a 1 point deduction per transgression which would relegate them BUT Man City will appeal and it will be dragged out for months. Unfortunately I think it will drag on into next season, so we still have to aim for 4th bottom, not 3rd bottom.


It might be to our advantage for it to drag on into next season. I think that we have a decent shot of staying up this season, but next season may be tougher.
0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026