Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone ever had a Vinted ban overturned? 08:26 - Sep 29 with 2451 viewsitfcjoe

I listed a counterfeit item this morning, didn't realise it was against the rules.....wasn't hard to spot because I said check the measurements very carefully, and there is a reason why it is so cheap and put a China flag in the listing......didn't want to try and rip any one offf.

THen my account has been instantly suspended and looks like a permanent ban, have lodged an appeal on app and by email directly - pleading ignorance, stating how I clearly showed it wasn't real and got about 50 5* reviews on there.....think it won't work though which is bloody annoying

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

0
Anyone ever had a Vinted ban overturned? on 08:33 - Sep 29 with 2393 viewsBloomBlue

Isn't selling counterfeit items against the law, irrelevant of it being against Vinted rules?
1
Anyone ever had a Vinted ban overturned? on 08:41 - Sep 29 with 2339 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone ever had a Vinted ban overturned? on 08:33 - Sep 29 by BloomBlue

Isn't selling counterfeit items against the law, irrelevant of it being against Vinted rules?


I believe so.

Poll: Escaped Goat of the day. Who’s it going to be?

0
Anyone ever had a Vinted ban overturned? on 08:41 - Sep 29 with 2345 viewshomer_123

You're likely one and done Joe. Seen this before, not seen is overturned though.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: Has Omari travelled?

0
Anyone ever had a Vinted ban overturned? on 08:45 - Sep 29 with 2316 viewsRuby

Yeah, not sure explaining to vinted that you knew it was fake is going to help. They're probably more concerned about the legit company / product your item has counterfeited. Hugely serious issue for someone like vinted.
0
Anyone ever had a Vinted ban overturned? on 08:49 - Sep 29 with 2288 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone ever had a Vinted ban overturned? on 08:33 - Sep 29 by BloomBlue

Isn't selling counterfeit items against the law, irrelevant of it being against Vinted rules?


I don't know, I didn't advertise it as anything - was just some pointless shirt someone gave me for one of my kids that I put on for a quid and thought someone would be happy with it at that price.....if that is the case then so be it but very frustrating as wasn't going to list it, then just thought I'll just add that one in for a quid

Feels a very harsh lesson to not have a single strike on it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

0
Anyone ever had a Vinted ban overturned? on 09:02 - Sep 29 with 2233 viewsGuthrum

Anyone ever had a Vinted ban overturned? on 08:33 - Sep 29 by BloomBlue

Isn't selling counterfeit items against the law, irrelevant of it being against Vinted rules?


Only if you are trying to pass it off as an original, or are creating them with a view to doing so.

Otherwise would be a civil matter between seller and the owner of the faked brand.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

0
Anyone ever had a Vinted ban overturned? on 10:36 - Sep 29 with 1970 viewshype313

Vinted have gone militant, i'd be surprised if you do get it overturned, they are painful.

Poll: Should Muric be dropped?

0
Anyone ever had a Vinted ban overturned? on 10:48 - Sep 29 with 1928 viewsITFC_Essex

Anyone ever had a Vinted ban overturned? on 10:36 - Sep 29 by hype313

Vinted have gone militant, i'd be surprised if you do get it overturned, they are painful.


I am actually with Vinted . People in the UK need to stop buying cheap, planet destroying, toot from China, off of Temus, TikTok and the like, realising their mistakes, and then desperately trying to resell it here via platforms like Vinted. I appreciate the original poster was honest, but it really has to stop.

"yeah but I am not paying the price for the real one..."

Let's keep wrecking the environment so you can save a few quid! Seems fair. Can't afford it? Don't buy it.

Poll: Who would be the TWTD Player of the Season?

5
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone ever had a Vinted ban overturned? on 10:59 - Sep 29 with 1869 viewsmellowblue

Anyone ever had a Vinted ban overturned? on 10:48 - Sep 29 by ITFC_Essex

I am actually with Vinted . People in the UK need to stop buying cheap, planet destroying, toot from China, off of Temus, TikTok and the like, realising their mistakes, and then desperately trying to resell it here via platforms like Vinted. I appreciate the original poster was honest, but it really has to stop.

"yeah but I am not paying the price for the real one..."

Let's keep wrecking the environment so you can save a few quid! Seems fair. Can't afford it? Don't buy it.


except Vinted do not have any moral stance when it comes to selling cheap plastic based clothing tat from China, you give them too much credit. At least they are enabling some sort of recycling / reusing of said items.
1
Anyone ever had a Vinted ban overturned? on 11:04 - Sep 29 with 1810 viewsBiGDonnie

Was nice knowing ya...

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

0
Anyone ever had a Vinted ban overturned? on 11:36 - Sep 29 with 1723 viewsgreyhound

Anyone ever had a Vinted ban overturned? on 08:49 - Sep 29 by itfcjoe

I don't know, I didn't advertise it as anything - was just some pointless shirt someone gave me for one of my kids that I put on for a quid and thought someone would be happy with it at that price.....if that is the case then so be it but very frustrating as wasn't going to list it, then just thought I'll just add that one in for a quid

Feels a very harsh lesson to not have a single strike on it


This is the eternal issue I have with my Mrs doing vinted. I'll just list it for a quid...the life admin it takes to wrap send sort list etc, your time is worth so much more, bundle it to charity and don't worry, anything under a fiver and I really don't get it and that's pushing it if it's the only thing your driving to the parcel shop when diesel is at 2 quid a flipping litre
1
Anyone ever had a Vinted ban overturned? on 12:07 - Sep 29 with 1627 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone ever had a Vinted ban overturned? on 10:48 - Sep 29 by ITFC_Essex

I am actually with Vinted . People in the UK need to stop buying cheap, planet destroying, toot from China, off of Temus, TikTok and the like, realising their mistakes, and then desperately trying to resell it here via platforms like Vinted. I appreciate the original poster was honest, but it really has to stop.

"yeah but I am not paying the price for the real one..."

Let's keep wrecking the environment so you can save a few quid! Seems fair. Can't afford it? Don't buy it.


Perfectly happy with the policy, but the problem with bots running it is the issue I'm having......had any human looked at this it would be quite obvious I was listing something that wasn't allowed, but fully declaring that....so it would just be - we've deleted the listing you can't do that final chance......as it is it seems it be a lifetime ban from the whole of Vinted when prob have 50+ 5* purchases and sales so am a 'good user' of the platform

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

0
Anyone ever had a Vinted ban overturned? on 12:09 - Sep 29 with 1614 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone ever had a Vinted ban overturned? on 11:36 - Sep 29 by greyhound

This is the eternal issue I have with my Mrs doing vinted. I'll just list it for a quid...the life admin it takes to wrap send sort list etc, your time is worth so much more, bundle it to charity and don't worry, anything under a fiver and I really don't get it and that's pushing it if it's the only thing your driving to the parcel shop when diesel is at 2 quid a flipping litre


<ost stuff is more high ticketed and had given a load of cheaper bits to charity, another reason why this is more annoying - but it's not much admin to sort and happy to walk to parcelshop or lockers and even if wasn't drive past the same ones multiple times per day so it's no biggie

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

1
Anyone ever had a Vinted ban overturned? on 12:36 - Sep 29 with 1488 viewsOldFart71

Unfortunately these online sales companies are a law unto themselves. Recently I had an item which I sent to a buyer. They didn't receive the item and I contacted the carrier. They investigated and after a few days said it was "Lost" personally I believe it was stolen as it's not the first time I have had goods sent to me or sent goods out which don't arrive and it's normally Evri.
To get back to the point it was several weeks from sending that Vinted allowed me to claim it a being lost and then they give you two days to record it as so. Once you have recorded an item lost it can then take several days before the payment reaches your bank.
As for items that are faux/counterfeit I had the same problem with Ebay where I advertised a pair of jeans I had bought from a car boot. I checked them out. Stitching,logo etc and assumed them to be real. Put them on Ebay and they came back that they were counterfeit.
I was banned from selling for a few weeks.
I don't know if you are aware, but some companies that sell high end goods trawl through these online market places and if they suspect an item to be fake they will contact Ebay or Vinted.
1
Anyone ever had a Vinted ban overturned? on 13:40 - Sep 29 with 1376 viewsDarkBrandon

Anyone ever had a Vinted ban overturned? on 12:07 - Sep 29 by itfcjoe

Perfectly happy with the policy, but the problem with bots running it is the issue I'm having......had any human looked at this it would be quite obvious I was listing something that wasn't allowed, but fully declaring that....so it would just be - we've deleted the listing you can't do that final chance......as it is it seems it be a lifetime ban from the whole of Vinted when prob have 50+ 5* purchases and sales so am a 'good user' of the platform


The issue is that selling counterfeit goods is against the law (at least according to others in this thread).

If that is the case then vinted can’t muck around with you or other people selling goods that break the law or they are exposing themselves to significant legal risk. You may be a good user of the platform other than this oversight, but the law will be looking at them if they are seen to turn a blind eye to this stuff.
0
Anyone ever had a Vinted ban overturned? on 14:11 - Sep 29 with 1290 views_CliveBaker_

Certainly is an offense even if positioned as fake unless you have the brand owners consent.

Vinted T&C's suggest its a temporary ban for a 1st offence though, and permanent ban for repeat offenders:

https://www.vinted.co.uk/help/
0
Anyone ever had a Vinted ban overturned? on 14:44 - Sep 29 with 1128 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone ever had a Vinted ban overturned? on 14:11 - Sep 29 by _CliveBaker_

Certainly is an offense even if positioned as fake unless you have the brand owners consent.

Vinted T&C's suggest its a temporary ban for a 1st offence though, and permanent ban for repeat offenders:

https://www.vinted.co.uk/help/


It's gone straight to a Permanent Ban for me, hopefully the appeal works

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

0
Anyone ever had a Vinted ban overturned? on 15:04 - Sep 29 with 1064 views_CliveBaker_

Anyone ever had a Vinted ban overturned? on 14:44 - Sep 29 by itfcjoe

It's gone straight to a Permanent Ban for me, hopefully the appeal works


Seems contrary to their info there, hopefully they reverse it to a yellow card for you. Straight red is harsh.
0
Anyone ever had a Vinted ban overturned? on 15:39 - Sep 29 with 987 viewsTheMoralMajority

Anyone ever had a Vinted ban overturned? on 14:44 - Sep 29 by itfcjoe

It's gone straight to a Permanent Ban for me, hopefully the appeal works


My experience with online companies (not vinted) is that once you are banned, you are banned. They have an "appeals" process but the best you can hope for is they come back with "ban upheld", regardless of how unfair it is or how much supporting evidence there is.

At least you will know *why* you were banned. I was banned off 2 (Patreon and Paypal) with no reason given beyond that I had "broken their ToCs" (I most definitely had not), and despite supplying a huge amount of information about who I was, what I was using the site for and requesting further information I got precisely nowhere and ended up none the wiser and several thousand £s worse off. Given the timing of both, I suspect it was a competitor throwing me under the bus.

I would imagine that a human did not even look at it. They are raking in so much, they have neither the desire or inclination to bother actually reviewing cases. This was a couple of years ago and I am still very bitter about it to this day.
[Post edited 29 Sep 15:40]

100% committed to Dear Leader Ham

0
Anyone ever had a Vinted ban overturned? on 22:12 - Sep 29 with 728 viewsFBI

I make my living selling vintage on Etsy, with the occasional foray onto eBay. A couple of years ago I put some stuff on Vinted, one of which was a Victorian Military police truncheon. Instant ban - I should have read the rules better but I wrongly thought an antique would be fine. Appealed to the bots: nothing, goodbye. The truncheon is now for sale in my Mum's antique shop in Lavenham :-)

I did a bit of digging and someone on Reddit mentioned that, after your account is rendered inactive, your details have to be wiped after six months( I think) due to GDPR.

I sat back, waited and started a new account under the same name without a single query from Vinted. Mind you, I no longer sell on there but I do buy from it.

So the moral is: switch to eBay for a bit and go back later under a new registration!
[Post edited 29 Sep 22:16]

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

0
Anyone ever had a Vinted ban overturned? on 22:40 - Sep 29 with 677 viewsgreyhound

Anyone ever had a Vinted ban overturned? on 15:39 - Sep 29 by TheMoralMajority

My experience with online companies (not vinted) is that once you are banned, you are banned. They have an "appeals" process but the best you can hope for is they come back with "ban upheld", regardless of how unfair it is or how much supporting evidence there is.

At least you will know *why* you were banned. I was banned off 2 (Patreon and Paypal) with no reason given beyond that I had "broken their ToCs" (I most definitely had not), and despite supplying a huge amount of information about who I was, what I was using the site for and requesting further information I got precisely nowhere and ended up none the wiser and several thousand £s worse off. Given the timing of both, I suspect it was a competitor throwing me under the bus.

I would imagine that a human did not even look at it. They are raking in so much, they have neither the desire or inclination to bother actually reviewing cases. This was a couple of years ago and I am still very bitter about it to this day.
[Post edited 29 Sep 15:40]


Yeah my Amazon account got review banned and they don't even entertain an appeals process. That was a fun enterprise while it lasted
0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026