Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Resale Tickets 09:00 - Oct 1 with 2859 viewstractorboy19

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone used a facebook profile under the initials C.M. To buy resell tickets? Just want a bit of certainty before booking my match tickets/ train tickets etc
0
Resale Tickets on 21:56 - Oct 1 with 747 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Resale Tickets on 21:46 - Oct 1 by DarkBrandon

Ok then:

My view in short is that it isn’t fair that season tickets holders get the best seats in the house, for all games at a discount, whereas non season ticket holders get (in general) the worst seats in the house, which cost more per ticket, and they have to pay a membership fee which doesn’t even guarantee them a single ticket. Last season I had a membership and for a variety of reasons made it to a single game. Expensive ticket.

I’d switch this. Season ticket holders should be the ones paying a supplement.

Secondly I’d make many more seats available for casual fans. Season tickets holders were this once. Most kids are now. It makes sense to allow them in, at least occasionally. Personally I’d make season tickets only grant access to 17 or 18 of the home matches. The rest can be sold in the normal way, or as a ballot. Maybe STHs could nominate which games they’d miss.


As I say, my views aren’t universally held.


I was a season ticket holder myself for maybe 10 years, under Burley, and then later under Keane (with my son). Now … I’m a member and an occasional visitor, although I’ve done well for tickets this season. Mostly because I go to games by myself. If I wanted to visit with friends/family I’d have not seen a game,


Thanks for replying. Some interesting thoughts.

I get why season tickets have always been cheaper and since there is higher demand than supply, lowering the price of non-season ticket seats will only drive up demand for them.

How would you prevent season ticket holders buying tickets for the games they are giving up?

I get we all have our own story. I was a season ticket holder under Roy Keane (and a good number of seasons before that)! Generally I have always been a casual fan who has accepted it is difficult (never impossible) to get tickets when the team is doing well.

I can see why your suggestions aren't popular. I wouldn't agree with them but can see what you are aiming for. I don't think it would particularly achieve it, though.

Poll: Who is the greatest threat to the UK right now?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

0
Resale Tickets on 21:57 - Oct 1 with 748 viewsDarkBrandon

Resale Tickets on 21:56 - Oct 1 by Plums

I'm in a slightly different place and would suggest that tickets that are still available on match day home or away are available on general sale so the casual fan can pick them up.
It's maddening to see empty seats at a game you could have made it to.

Members could have all the sales windows they want up to midnight on the night before a game. In the digital age, there's no reason whatsoever for that not to work.


Yeah, I’d support that.
0
Resale Tickets on 22:03 - Oct 1 with 735 viewsDarkBrandon

Resale Tickets on 21:56 - Oct 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

Thanks for replying. Some interesting thoughts.

I get why season tickets have always been cheaper and since there is higher demand than supply, lowering the price of non-season ticket seats will only drive up demand for them.

How would you prevent season ticket holders buying tickets for the games they are giving up?

I get we all have our own story. I was a season ticket holder under Roy Keane (and a good number of seasons before that)! Generally I have always been a casual fan who has accepted it is difficult (never impossible) to get tickets when the team is doing well.

I can see why your suggestions aren't popular. I wouldn't agree with them but can see what you are aiming for. I don't think it would particularly achieve it, though.


I’d hope that with digital tickets, and logins you could prevent STHs buying up extra tickets.

To buy a ticket they’d need an itfc account, a credit card and an address for that card unknown to the club. Maybe they’d need to pay for a membership too. Depends how you set it up. Certainly possible (get a relative to buy it) but I’d hope that the numbers doing this would be fairly small. Maybe I’d be wrong about that.

Edit: the mistake the club made (in my eyes) was in selling too many season tickets when we first went up to the PL. That meant that there are so few other seats to go round, once you take out away fans, corporate etc etc. I can see why they did that. The paradox now is that as it is so hard to get into games without a season ticket it incentives people to hold onto them even more.
[Post edited 1 Oct 22:08]
0
Resale Tickets on 22:06 - Oct 1 with 722 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Resale Tickets on 22:03 - Oct 1 by DarkBrandon

I’d hope that with digital tickets, and logins you could prevent STHs buying up extra tickets.

To buy a ticket they’d need an itfc account, a credit card and an address for that card unknown to the club. Maybe they’d need to pay for a membership too. Depends how you set it up. Certainly possible (get a relative to buy it) but I’d hope that the numbers doing this would be fairly small. Maybe I’d be wrong about that.

Edit: the mistake the club made (in my eyes) was in selling too many season tickets when we first went up to the PL. That meant that there are so few other seats to go round, once you take out away fans, corporate etc etc. I can see why they did that. The paradox now is that as it is so hard to get into games without a season ticket it incentives people to hold onto them even more.
[Post edited 1 Oct 22:08]


I am quite certain that lifelong fans who have attended every game would very easily acquire alternate addresses and credit cards to enable that. It wouldn't be at all difficult.

That's before addressing whether it is a good idea to try to prevent there being such a thing as an ever-present fan.

Poll: Who is the greatest threat to the UK right now?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

0
Resale Tickets on 22:12 - Oct 1 with 711 viewsDarkBrandon

Resale Tickets on 22:06 - Oct 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

I am quite certain that lifelong fans who have attended every game would very easily acquire alternate addresses and credit cards to enable that. It wouldn't be at all difficult.

That's before addressing whether it is a good idea to try to prevent there being such a thing as an ever-present fan.


You may be right. I hadn’t considered that, but I’d hope it is a solvable “problem”.


I’d also consider making all the tickets for away games accessible only to people entering a ballot.

Say 1000 reserved for this seasons very regular away fans, 1000 to occasional away fans, 750 to season ticket holders 250 to members.

I’m less sure about this though
[Post edited 1 Oct 22:13]
0
Resale Tickets on 22:13 - Oct 1 with 704 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Resale Tickets on 19:33 - Oct 1 by Swansea_Blue

Yes, but I ended up with Laurie McMenemy. I’m sure it was just a misunderstanding.


Was he a Saint at the football ground and a Sinner in the bedroom?
0
Resale Tickets on 07:35 - Oct 2 with 596 viewsBluemike31

Resale Tickets on 10:17 - Oct 1 by Metal_Hacker

I can get you a date with Jennifer Lawrence if you’re interested , only cost you a few hundred quid if you’re interested


I could be interested if it's Maya Jama ?
0
Resale Tickets on 07:41 - Oct 2 with 584 viewsMetal_Hacker

Resale Tickets on 07:35 - Oct 2 by Bluemike31

I could be interested if it's Maya Jama ?


You Traitor

Poll: Which No.9 Would YOU Buy / Loan ?

0
Login to get fewer ads

Resale Tickets on 07:43 - Oct 2 with 581 viewsBenters

Sitters would know !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Which is best Cycling or Running,i will go for cycling as you are sitting down

0
Resale Tickets on 07:46 - Oct 2 with 575 viewsMetal_Hacker

Resale Tickets on 07:43 - Oct 2 by Benters

Sitters would know !



Poll: Which No.9 Would YOU Buy / Loan ?

0
Resale Tickets on 07:52 - Oct 2 with 559 viewsBenters

Resale Tickets on 07:46 - Oct 2 by Metal_Hacker



Bring Sitters Back 😋

Gentlybentley
Poll: Which is best Cycling or Running,i will go for cycling as you are sitting down

0
Resale Tickets on 08:05 - Oct 2 with 535 viewsMetal_Hacker

Resale Tickets on 07:52 - Oct 2 by Benters

Bring Sitters Back 😋


You on a royalty with this now Benters or just acting as his agent ?

Poll: Which No.9 Would YOU Buy / Loan ?

0
Resale Tickets on 08:08 - Oct 2 with 519 viewsBenters

Resale Tickets on 08:05 - Oct 2 by Metal_Hacker

You on a royalty with this now Benters or just acting as his agent ?


Bit of both

Gentlybentley
Poll: Which is best Cycling or Running,i will go for cycling as you are sitting down

1
Resale Tickets on 09:34 - Oct 2 with 472 viewsITFC_Essex

Resale Tickets on 18:26 - Oct 1 by Plums

What they really mean is it's a closed shop unless you've coughed up £40+ for a sniff of a place in a virtual queue.
It's been accepted and normalised and it's why you'll find as many threads on here about 'loyalty' points as you will league ones.

It also sucks. The supporter who every now and again can make a game but can't make every week is completely stuffed - unless they pay the ransom.


I am a guy who lives 50 miles from Ipswich, on a minimum wage job, who often can't attend games due to work/timings. I have had a ST for years, paid on DD, going back to when we were sht and paid out because I wanted to help keep my club going, and I knew that one day we'd have success and the investment will have been worth it. I am not a happy clapper or a super fan, I was just being sensible as a supporter.

I get that not everyone can do that, but I am from literally the poorest bracket of society and I made it work, because I wanted to. If others have chosen not to go during the bad times, not to have ST tickets and spend on other things instead, thats their choice. A ST is actually pretty affordable, for example to afford my ST and matchday's I simply have no subscription TV, zero, none - saves money and denies the football killers at Sky, Amazon and TNT a few quid. I only ever watch football on TV if its on BBC or ITV.

Now we're yo-yoing in and out of the top league, I see so many complaints that people can't get tickets, complaints that never existed five years ago. The question I would ask the bulk of these people, are you Ipswich supporters, or do you just want to watch Haaland in the flesh, through your smart phones? Because if you genuinely want to see Town, regardless of the level, you'll stump up for the membership, you'll attend the cup games... and then you'll get the chance to buy, one of the many, legitimately resold tickets.

It really is your choice. We've got a small ground, they have to manage it somehow.
[Post edited 2 Oct 9:36]

Poll: Who would be the TWTD Player of the Season?

4
Resale Tickets on 09:38 - Oct 2 with 468 viewsBluemike31

Resale Tickets on 09:34 - Oct 2 by ITFC_Essex

I am a guy who lives 50 miles from Ipswich, on a minimum wage job, who often can't attend games due to work/timings. I have had a ST for years, paid on DD, going back to when we were sht and paid out because I wanted to help keep my club going, and I knew that one day we'd have success and the investment will have been worth it. I am not a happy clapper or a super fan, I was just being sensible as a supporter.

I get that not everyone can do that, but I am from literally the poorest bracket of society and I made it work, because I wanted to. If others have chosen not to go during the bad times, not to have ST tickets and spend on other things instead, thats their choice. A ST is actually pretty affordable, for example to afford my ST and matchday's I simply have no subscription TV, zero, none - saves money and denies the football killers at Sky, Amazon and TNT a few quid. I only ever watch football on TV if its on BBC or ITV.

Now we're yo-yoing in and out of the top league, I see so many complaints that people can't get tickets, complaints that never existed five years ago. The question I would ask the bulk of these people, are you Ipswich supporters, or do you just want to watch Haaland in the flesh, through your smart phones? Because if you genuinely want to see Town, regardless of the level, you'll stump up for the membership, you'll attend the cup games... and then you'll get the chance to buy, one of the many, legitimately resold tickets.

It really is your choice. We've got a small ground, they have to manage it somehow.
[Post edited 2 Oct 9:36]


Absolutely spot on, like you I would like to know where were the complaints five Years ago when we were hiking up to the likes of Rochdale & Fleetwood. It really does grate on me.
2
Resale Tickets on 10:28 - Oct 2 with 434 viewsZx1988

Resale Tickets on 21:46 - Oct 1 by DarkBrandon

Ok then:

My view in short is that it isn’t fair that season tickets holders get the best seats in the house, for all games at a discount, whereas non season ticket holders get (in general) the worst seats in the house, which cost more per ticket, and they have to pay a membership fee which doesn’t even guarantee them a single ticket. Last season I had a membership and for a variety of reasons made it to a single game. Expensive ticket.

I’d switch this. Season ticket holders should be the ones paying a supplement.

Secondly I’d make many more seats available for casual fans. Season tickets holders were this once. Most kids are now. It makes sense to allow them in, at least occasionally. Personally I’d make season tickets only grant access to 17 or 18 of the home matches. The rest can be sold in the normal way, or as a ballot. Maybe STHs could nominate which games they’d miss.


As I say, my views aren’t universally held.


I was a season ticket holder myself for maybe 10 years, under Burley, and then later under Keane (with my son). Now … I’m a member and an occasional visitor, although I’ve done well for tickets this season. Mostly because I go to games by myself. If I wanted to visit with friends/family I’d have not seen a game,


I can see the argument, certainly, that a Season Ticket should simply cost the equivalent of 19/23 individual match tickets. I was looking at German football recently, and that's precisely what Union Berlin do.

€14 for a matchday ticket, or €238 for a season ticket.

I could only get behind that, though, if ticket prices were brought down to something more reasonable. Germany proves that it is possible to have elite clubs, whilst not rinsing the fans for every single penny.

Bayern München's season tickets start at €180 (€10.50 a game), and Dortmund fans pay €265.20 (€15.60) to stand in the Gelber Wand, or €14.81 a game if they want to commit to the UCL matches as well.

In a similar vein - and referring to your point about seats available to non-ST holders - a lot of the matchday prices for RV seats need to be brought down. Why should someone be expected to pay the same for a severely restricted view as someone else pays for a perfect view of the pitch? I get that demand plays a massive role here, but it's far from ethical.

Not a prophet, or a stone-age man; just a mortal with potential of a superman.
Poll: Worst Ginger?

0
Resale Tickets on 12:38 - Oct 2 with 358 viewsPlums

Resale Tickets on 09:34 - Oct 2 by ITFC_Essex

I am a guy who lives 50 miles from Ipswich, on a minimum wage job, who often can't attend games due to work/timings. I have had a ST for years, paid on DD, going back to when we were sht and paid out because I wanted to help keep my club going, and I knew that one day we'd have success and the investment will have been worth it. I am not a happy clapper or a super fan, I was just being sensible as a supporter.

I get that not everyone can do that, but I am from literally the poorest bracket of society and I made it work, because I wanted to. If others have chosen not to go during the bad times, not to have ST tickets and spend on other things instead, thats their choice. A ST is actually pretty affordable, for example to afford my ST and matchday's I simply have no subscription TV, zero, none - saves money and denies the football killers at Sky, Amazon and TNT a few quid. I only ever watch football on TV if its on BBC or ITV.

Now we're yo-yoing in and out of the top league, I see so many complaints that people can't get tickets, complaints that never existed five years ago. The question I would ask the bulk of these people, are you Ipswich supporters, or do you just want to watch Haaland in the flesh, through your smart phones? Because if you genuinely want to see Town, regardless of the level, you'll stump up for the membership, you'll attend the cup games... and then you'll get the chance to buy, one of the many, legitimately resold tickets.

It really is your choice. We've got a small ground, they have to manage it somehow.
[Post edited 2 Oct 9:36]


Thanks for the question about whether I'm an Ipswich fan. I have been for 45+ years. In that time, I've done the Rochdales, the Grimsbys, the Crewes, the Scunthorpes etc as well as managing home games while unemployed and living 100+ miles away. Doing that distance for a minor cup tie against Exeter when we had about 5k in PR was probably the high point.
In many cases, I was able to attend those games because we were sh*t and nobody else wanted to go. I couldn't give a monkeys who is playing against us, I'm there for the blue shirts.

What I'm deeply uncomfortable about is that my loyalty and that of thousands of others at ITFC and other clubs has been monetised. That's been normalised and there is only one direction of travel. Fans are going to pay more and more and get further and further away from the possibility of watching their team. If we stay in the prem, I suspect you'll be priced out (on your income) within five years.
[Post edited 2 Oct 12:40]

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026