Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Film Suggestions (Again!) 20:17 - Oct 1 with 1306 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Any ideas from the last couple of years?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: What you watching.

0
Film Suggestions (Again!) on 20:32 - Oct 1 with 1277 viewsAxeldalai_lama

Completely depends what you're after, but I'll always recommend Perfect Days (2023), Wim Wenders Japanese film about a Tokyo toilet attendants simple life, simultaneously calm, inspiring and heartbreaking about how to live a good life. Absolutely powerhouse of a lead acting performance. I always cry and still don't know whether it's out of happiness or sadness!

But clearly not for everyone, not exactly an action packed number!
3
Film Suggestions (Again!) on 20:39 - Oct 1 with 1253 viewsPerublue

As mentioned ,we need to know your thing.. what tickles your fancy ?
Is it for this evening ,what type of mood are you in ? Etc etc

Poll: Should Burns or Chaplin now replace the Shefki/Pablo TWTD question of yore ?

0
Film Suggestions (Again!) on 20:40 - Oct 1 with 1250 viewsNedPlimpton

Watched '28 years later, the bone collector' last night. Pretty enjoyable.
0
Film Suggestions (Again!) on 20:47 - Oct 1 with 1237 viewsPerublue

Film Suggestions (Again!) on 20:40 - Oct 1 by NedPlimpton

Watched '28 years later, the bone collector' last night. Pretty enjoyable.


… bone temple


Actually on that Danny Boyle confirmed yesterday they are going to do a third to complete the trilogy.. he’ll direct and Alex Garland already has the script

Poll: Should Burns or Chaplin now replace the Shefki/Pablo TWTD question of yore ?

1
Film Suggestions (Again!) on 20:53 - Oct 1 with 1216 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Film Suggestions (Again!) on 20:32 - Oct 1 by Axeldalai_lama

Completely depends what you're after, but I'll always recommend Perfect Days (2023), Wim Wenders Japanese film about a Tokyo toilet attendants simple life, simultaneously calm, inspiring and heartbreaking about how to live a good life. Absolutely powerhouse of a lead acting performance. I always cry and still don't know whether it's out of happiness or sadness!

But clearly not for everyone, not exactly an action packed number!


Sounds perfect to be fair, Im a soft old so and so.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: What you watching.

1
Film Suggestions (Again!) on 20:56 - Oct 1 with 1211 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Film Suggestions (Again!) on 20:39 - Oct 1 by Perublue

As mentioned ,we need to know your thing.. what tickles your fancy ?
Is it for this evening ,what type of mood are you in ? Etc etc


Let's just say I'm not looking for Die Hard. The first suggestion will definitely be getting watched.
An older film but can anyone give Bridge of Spies a nod of approval?
We both liked Hunt for the Wilderpeople.
[Post edited 1 Oct 20:58]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: What you watching.

0
Film Suggestions (Again!) on 21:31 - Oct 1 with 1163 viewsdavblue

The Holdovers
Roofman
1
Film Suggestions (Again!) on 21:36 - Oct 1 with 1111 viewsBlueBoots

Film Suggestions (Again!) on 20:56 - Oct 1 by BanksterDebtSlave

Let's just say I'm not looking for Die Hard. The first suggestion will definitely be getting watched.
An older film but can anyone give Bridge of Spies a nod of approval?
We both liked Hunt for the Wilderpeople.
[Post edited 1 Oct 20:58]


My favourites in recent years have been westerns...Killers Of The Flower Moon and The Promised Land (well, a Scandi-western)

Documentaries: 20 Days in Mariupol and No Other Land both deserving of their Academy Awards, but hard viewing

If you're after something a bit lighter, enjoyed Conclave and American Fiction

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

1
Login to get fewer ads

Film Suggestions (Again!) on 21:44 - Oct 1 with 1094 viewsRetiredBlue

Film Suggestions (Again!) on 20:56 - Oct 1 by BanksterDebtSlave

Let's just say I'm not looking for Die Hard. The first suggestion will definitely be getting watched.
An older film but can anyone give Bridge of Spies a nod of approval?
We both liked Hunt for the Wilderpeople.
[Post edited 1 Oct 20:58]


I think Bridge of Spies is excellent - Coen brothers involved in the writing, Tom Hanks is not my cup of tea but plays his role really well, Mark Rylance as the russian spy is excellent - would that help? ( if you watch the movie you will understand the last question )

If I could have my time again, I would be an assassin / hitman. There are simply some people who should have been strangled at birth.

2
Film Suggestions (Again!) on 21:47 - Oct 1 with 1089 viewsredrickstuhaart

Nope. Lots from earlier times before every film involved a twot in latex.

Poll: Spectrum or C64 / Pablo or Kuqi- your preferences?

0
Film Suggestions (Again!) on 21:53 - Oct 1 with 1067 viewsMookamoo

Ballad of Wallace Island is one of best films in the last couple of years
6
Film Suggestions (Again!) on 22:06 - Oct 1 with 1043 viewsWeWereZombies

I reckon you would enjoy 'Everybody To Kenmure Street':

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3

Poll: To make him more acceptable what should Gary O'Neill change his middle name to ?

1
Film Suggestions (Again!) on 22:36 - Oct 1 with 1005 viewsPerublue

It’s a little older … but I don’t think that matters unless it means there’s more of a chance you’ve already seen it …

“A hidden life” might be for you … knowing you from this website and me being a Malickite



Needless to say it’s not laugh a minute

Poll: Should Burns or Chaplin now replace the Shefki/Pablo TWTD question of yore ?

2
Film Suggestions (Again!) on 01:36 - Oct 2 with 872 viewsbaxterbasics

Obsession, The Odyssey and 28 Years: Bone Temple are my picks of this years releases so far.

I don't know if you saw Godzilla Minus One (2023), it's brillo, and I think it has a sequel out now or soonish.

Furiosa
Warfare (Ideally with good sound)
Sinners
A House of Dynamite (If you saw and enjoyed The Wargame, this is worth a look from a US perspective Think it's on Netflix).

zip
Poll: Who will win the World Cup golden boot?

0
Film Suggestions (Again!) on 07:28 - Oct 2 with 754 viewsgiant_stow

From the mass market corner of the room, Project Hail Mary was very good, despite being long.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

0
Film Suggestions (Again!) on 07:31 - Oct 2 with 745 viewsDubtractor

I reckon One Battle After Another will be up your street.

As will Good Fortune.

At very much the other end of the scale, Masters of the Universe was a thoroughly entertaining and camp He-Man reboot.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: Are we gonna win tomorrow then?

0
Film Suggestions (Again!) on 07:31 - Oct 2 with 745 viewsBluemike31

Sinners
0
Film Suggestions (Again!) on 07:34 - Oct 2 with 736 viewsDubtractor

Film Suggestions (Again!) on 07:28 - Oct 2 by giant_stow

From the mass market corner of the room, Project Hail Mary was very good, despite being long.


Yeah, that was really good.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: Are we gonna win tomorrow then?

0
Film Suggestions (Again!) on 09:31 - Oct 2 with 625 viewsBlueandTruesince82

One battle after another, brilliant film.

Bridge of spies well worth a watch, Mark Rylance excellent.

Good luck, have fun, dont die. Now steaming on prime.

Would also add another vote for killers of the flower moon.

Bugonia

And one thats a bit older, the infiltrator with Bryan Cranston.

Poll: Where will Town finish the season?

0
Film Suggestions (Again!) on 09:38 - Oct 2 with 615 viewsDubtractor

Two other slightly older ones, that I may have recommended before.

They Cloned Tyrone
Sorry to Bother You

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: Are we gonna win tomorrow then?

0
Film Suggestions (Again!) on 12:47 - Oct 2 with 522 viewswischip

Speak No Evil
Greedy People
Sisu
Leprechaun 4: In Space
0
Film Suggestions (Again!) on 14:45 - Oct 2 with 455 viewsDeano69

Project Hail Mary

Wasn't expecting to like it, but very good

Poll: Best Tin of Chocolates

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026