Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Humphreys played well for Hudds at Burton yesterday 10:32 - Oct 4 with 1533 viewsunstableblue

'anchoring the midfield' 'allowing attackers to thrive'
'smart freekick that completely caught the burton defence off guard'
'credited humphrey's set-piece delivery and passing for dictating the tempo'

About to turn 23, really go to smash this season and aim for a higher level championship club. Or maybe have a final go at breaking through at Town. But Palacios is the level no!!

Poll: Building on NthQldITFC thread - If you had to choose, would you rather?

1
Humphreys played well for Hudds at Burton yesterday on 11:50 - Oct 4 with 1357 viewsslade1

I like Humphreys but I think the club should be kind to him and let him go to further his career and actually feel settled somewhere.
3
Humphreys played well for Hudds at Burton yesterday on 15:06 - Oct 4 with 1077 viewsvilanovablue

I think Humphreys will have a decent championship career. His emergence simply couldn't keep up with our progression sadly.
1
Humphreys played well for Hudds at Burton yesterday on 15:06 - Oct 4 with 1073 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Humphreys played well for Hudds at Burton yesterday on 11:50 - Oct 4 by slade1

I like Humphreys but I think the club should be kind to him and let him go to further his career and actually feel settled somewhere.


My biggest issue is that no club seems to be prepared to give him the opportunity I think he deserves. Maybe I'm wrong and he isn't anything like as good as I think he is but he always seems to do a good job when he is playing. I don't think he let us down at all playing in two Championship promotion seasons in his less preferred position.

Poll: Who is the greatest threat to the UK right now?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

1
Humphreys played well for Hudds at Burton yesterday on 15:08 - Oct 4 with 1060 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Humphreys played well for Hudds at Burton yesterday on 15:06 - Oct 4 by vilanovablue

I think Humphreys will have a decent championship career. His emergence simply couldn't keep up with our progression sadly.


Which is why I can't understand why no mid-table Championship club is willing to have him and play him regularly.

Poll: Who is the greatest threat to the UK right now?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

0
Humphreys played well for Hudds at Burton yesterday on 16:28 - Oct 4 with 947 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

He may still make it, I think. I believe.

Posts: 6,085,143
Poll: Is Billm….

0
Humphreys played well for Hudds at Burton yesterday on 16:30 - Oct 4 with 948 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

Humphreys played well for Hudds at Burton yesterday on 11:50 - Oct 4 by slade1

I like Humphreys but I think the club should be kind to him and let him go to further his career and actually feel settled somewhere.


Personally, I’d want the deal he has. Gets to play week in week out at the top of a league, whilst keeping his Prem dream alive. Once that link is cut its a much much longer way back.

Posts: 6,085,143
Poll: Is Billm….

1
Humphreys played well for Hudds at Burton yesterday on 16:54 - Oct 4 with 893 viewsunstableblue

Humphreys played well for Hudds at Burton yesterday on 16:28 - Oct 4 by John_Warks_Willy

He may still make it, I think. I believe.


He’s got to have a stellar season at Hudds as they’re at League One level to then come back and try and stake a claim or get that decent champ move.

He’s off to a good start with 2 assists in 5 games, and high FotMob scores of 8, 7.6, 7.9, 6.8, 7.5.

The first hurdle was to be a starter and integral part of the team - check!

Good luck to him.

Poll: Building on NthQldITFC thread - If you had to choose, would you rather?

2
Humphreys played well for Hudds at Burton yesterday on 18:27 - Oct 4 with 782 viewsWolfieAtTheBack

Morsy and Luongo he could compete with, a player who has just played for Argentina this week, very much not.

He would do well in the SPL and play in Europe that way.
1
Login to get fewer ads

Humphreys played well for Hudds at Burton yesterday on 18:41 - Oct 4 with 750 viewsarmchaircritic59

Humphreys played well for Hudds at Burton yesterday on 11:50 - Oct 4 by slade1

I like Humphreys but I think the club should be kind to him and let him go to further his career and actually feel settled somewhere.


Yes, agree with that, neat, tidy and composed player who deserves to feel wanted at a club.
0
Humphreys played well for Hudds at Burton yesterday on 18:44 - Oct 4 with 743 viewsfranz_tyson

I watched that game for 5 mins before I switched to the rugby and time to see our old friend Curtis Tilt in the centre of defence for Burton f#vk up and nearly gift Huddersfield a goal.
I'm so glad we didn't pay Blackpool a million for him.
1
Humphreys played well for Hudds at Burton yesterday on 18:53 - Oct 4 with 723 viewsWolfieAtTheBack

Humphreys played well for Hudds at Burton yesterday on 18:44 - Oct 4 by franz_tyson

I watched that game for 5 mins before I switched to the rugby and time to see our old friend Curtis Tilt in the centre of defence for Burton f#vk up and nearly gift Huddersfield a goal.
I'm so glad we didn't pay Blackpool a million for him.


On reflection Curtis Tilt was not the problem to our then many issues.

How the tides have turned.
0
Humphreys played well for Hudds at Burton yesterday on 20:05 - Oct 4 with 630 viewsHighgateBlue

He's one of a few over the last decade who appeared to have real promise, but never made much of a mark on the first team and certainly never nailed down a spot.

But if he didn't break into the side in the Championship, he's certainly never going to in the Premier League. The majority of his seasons have been league one seasons. Even if we go down this season, you'd think that the club would think it could do better, even if we don't keep all of Lukic, Luis, Matusiwa, Taylor, all of whom will still be under contract (barring relegation release clauses).
0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026