Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
GON must feel like a kid in a sweet shop 08:02 - Aug 10 with 1755 viewsurbanblue

At Wolves and Bournmouth he had to operate under tight financial restrictions and at times had to sell his best players. I think I am right in saying that this is the first time he has been given a lot of financial freedom to assemble a squad of players of his choice. It's going to be interesting to see how we do next season.

I like the business we are doing and also wonder whether Keiron would have gone down this same route?

Discuss ...
1
GON must feel like a kid in a sweet shop on 08:06 - Aug 10 with 1689 viewsitfctilidie

I'm not sure how much control gon has, I'd imagine some input at least. But I expect it would have been similar
3
GON must feel like a kid in a sweet shop on 11:49 - Aug 10 with 979 viewsHciwspi

He must have the final say?

Recruitment team will find the players based on data/scouting reports and then pass him a list…”Here you go Gaz, feast your eyes on this little lot”
0
GON must feel like a kid in a sweet shop on 11:55 - Aug 10 with 935 viewsJ2BLUE

GON must feel like a kid in a sweet shop on 08:06 - Aug 10 by itfctilidie

I'm not sure how much control gon has, I'd imagine some input at least. But I expect it would have been similar


No one is being signed without his approval.
0
GON must feel like a kid in a sweet shop (n/t) on 11:55 - Aug 10 with 932 viewsReusersTown

GON must feel like a kid in a sweet shop on 08:06 - Aug 10 by itfctilidie

I'm not sure how much control gon has, I'd imagine some input at least. But I expect it would have been similar


[Post edited 10 Aug 11:56]
0
GON must feel like a kid in a sweet shop on 12:08 - Aug 10 with 856 viewsurbanblue

GON must feel like a kid in a sweet shop on 11:49 - Aug 10 by Hciwspi

He must have the final say?

Recruitment team will find the players based on data/scouting reports and then pass him a list…”Here you go Gaz, feast your eyes on this little lot”


Surely he must also tell the recruitment team about any players he fancies. Emerson for example could well have been someone he had his eyes on over in France.
0
GON must feel like a kid in a sweet shop on 12:11 - Aug 10 with 833 viewsburnbudgiesburn

GON must feel like a kid in a sweet shop on 12:08 - Aug 10 by urbanblue

Surely he must also tell the recruitment team about any players he fancies. Emerson for example could well have been someone he had his eyes on over in France.


Yes, I imagine he asks for a certain profile of player and also probably recommends various players to the recruitment team to look over. They come back with a list of players who meet the criteria and I imagine he has the final say over who is signed or not.
1
GON must feel like a kid in a sweet shop on 13:21 - Aug 10 with 561 viewsBillywitch

I wonder how many of these signings are his, or identified more from a scouting perspective from the recruitment team within ITFC.

with the way sacking of managers happens these days, it seems a little unrealistic to think an owner would allow a manager to spend £100-130m

I would imagine McKenna gave the thumbs up on players, but then I'm reminded we signed Ben Godfrey, so I'm hoping he missed the email about that one
0
GON must feel like a kid in a sweet shop on 13:26 - Aug 10 with 543 viewsVic

I reckon his 6 months abroad means that he saw first hand a bunch of players that Kieran would not have seen.

But that aside I reckon Ashton and the recruitment team knew (and i think have said) that we need a different profile this time. We were simply overpowered by athletic juggernauts last time - we couldn't let that happen again. Ashton might be many things (and I for one haven't forgotten his lack of apology for lying to us all) but he's not thick and will have supported GON's desire to have a bigger, stronger strong.

Poll: Will you be watching the 3rd/4th place play off game?

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026