| Maybe one will be sold. 13:12 - Aug 27 with 2161 views | Westover | Surely if these two transfers go through one of Clarke or Philogene will be sold as both won't get regular games. |  | | |  |
| Maybe one will be sold. on 13:13 - Aug 27 with 2128 views | Clutch | What wingers are we buying? |  | |  |
| Maybe one will be sold. on 13:13 - Aug 27 with 2123 views | StokieBlue | Why? Neither play LW. SB |  |
| Avatar - M101 - Pinwheel Galaxy |
|  |
| Maybe one will be sold. on 13:18 - Aug 27 with 2014 views | farkenhell |
| Maybe one will be sold. on 13:13 - Aug 27 by StokieBlue | Why? Neither play LW. SB |
Different point to the OP, but I wonder whether GON will try Philogene at RW, competing with Fatawu (and McAteer)? Bearing in mind that we have Maeda and Clarke competing for the LW spot. Hopefully he will have learned from Tuesday that Walle-Egeli is really not suited to the RW role. |  | |  |
| Maybe one will be sold. on 13:40 - Aug 27 with 1860 views | BlueBoots |
| Maybe one will be sold. on 13:18 - Aug 27 by farkenhell | Different point to the OP, but I wonder whether GON will try Philogene at RW, competing with Fatawu (and McAteer)? Bearing in mind that we have Maeda and Clarke competing for the LW spot. Hopefully he will have learned from Tuesday that Walle-Egeli is really not suited to the RW role. |
We had Clarke start on Tuesday, and McAteer playing LW ahead of him; get the feeling our LW/10/RW players are going to be shuffled about this season depending on the opposition, so they're going to have to adjust to being flexible. |  |
|  |
| Maybe one will be sold. on 14:32 - Aug 27 with 1588 views | Cheltenham_Blue |
| Maybe one will be sold. on 13:18 - Aug 27 by farkenhell | Different point to the OP, but I wonder whether GON will try Philogene at RW, competing with Fatawu (and McAteer)? Bearing in mind that we have Maeda and Clarke competing for the LW spot. Hopefully he will have learned from Tuesday that Walle-Egeli is really not suited to the RW role. |
I wondered this also. The only thing is that Philogene and Clarke are both right footed, Fatawu is left footed. O'Neil might want a left footed player there to fully compete with Fatawu. |  |
|  |
| Maybe one will be sold. on 14:40 - Aug 27 with 1510 views | _CliveBaker_ |
| Maybe one will be sold. on 13:18 - Aug 27 by farkenhell | Different point to the OP, but I wonder whether GON will try Philogene at RW, competing with Fatawu (and McAteer)? Bearing in mind that we have Maeda and Clarke competing for the LW spot. Hopefully he will have learned from Tuesday that Walle-Egeli is really not suited to the RW role. |
Numbers wise I think its OK, we've got 7 for the 3 roles in McAteer, Fatawu, Enciso, Egeli, Maeda, Philogene, Clarke. Think the issue is 3 of probably the top 5 are primarily left sided, which leaves us feeling short. I think that was probably behind his experimentation on Tuesday. Wouldn't be surprised if we add 1 more, with a central / right sided bias, and then work with what we've got. |  | |  |
| Maybe one will be sold. on 14:42 - Aug 27 with 1472 views | bluelady |
| Maybe one will be sold. on 13:40 - Aug 27 by BlueBoots | We had Clarke start on Tuesday, and McAteer playing LW ahead of him; get the feeling our LW/10/RW players are going to be shuffled about this season depending on the opposition, so they're going to have to adjust to being flexible. |
Really didn't rate McAteer on the left. Thought he has looked better on the right towards end of season/pre season but really didnt like him on left. |  | |  |
| Maybe one will be sold. on 14:43 - Aug 27 with 1454 views | Cheltenham_Blue |
| Maybe one will be sold. on 14:40 - Aug 27 by _CliveBaker_ | Numbers wise I think its OK, we've got 7 for the 3 roles in McAteer, Fatawu, Enciso, Egeli, Maeda, Philogene, Clarke. Think the issue is 3 of probably the top 5 are primarily left sided, which leaves us feeling short. I think that was probably behind his experimentation on Tuesday. Wouldn't be surprised if we add 1 more, with a central / right sided bias, and then work with what we've got. |
Think you might be right there, but I think it'll be an U21 player so not taking a squad place. Tyler Dibbing or Mickey Moore on loan immediately spring to mind. |  |
|  | Login to get fewer ads
| Maybe one will be sold. on 14:46 - Aug 27 with 1406 views | _CliveBaker_ |
| Maybe one will be sold. on 14:43 - Aug 27 by Cheltenham_Blue | Think you might be right there, but I think it'll be an U21 player so not taking a squad place. Tyler Dibbing or Mickey Moore on loan immediately spring to mind. |
I've got a feeling loans count towards the 25, irrespective of age. I might be wrong on that though. |  | |  |
| Maybe one will be sold. on 14:49 - Aug 27 with 1368 views | Blooos |
| Maybe one will be sold. on 13:40 - Aug 27 by BlueBoots | We had Clarke start on Tuesday, and McAteer playing LW ahead of him; get the feeling our LW/10/RW players are going to be shuffled about this season depending on the opposition, so they're going to have to adjust to being flexible. |
I think McAteer was playing LW as GON wanted to see Clarke in the 10. McAteer playing LW definitely wouldn't of had anything to do with plans this season. |  | |  |
| Maybe one will be sold. on 14:50 - Aug 27 with 1357 views | SuffolkPunchFC |
| Maybe one will be sold. on 14:46 - Aug 27 by _CliveBaker_ | I've got a feeling loans count towards the 25, irrespective of age. I might be wrong on that though. |
They don't in the PL - that's a Championship specific rule. |  | |  |
| Maybe one will be sold. on 14:57 - Aug 27 with 1268 views | _CliveBaker_ |
| Maybe one will be sold. on 14:50 - Aug 27 by SuffolkPunchFC | They don't in the PL - that's a Championship specific rule. |
That's good, an U21 loan is likely then IMO. |  | |  |
| Maybe one will be sold. on 15:00 - Aug 27 with 1234 views | blueoutlook |
| Maybe one will be sold. on 13:13 - Aug 27 by StokieBlue | Why? Neither play LW. SB |
One of Clarke or Jaden will go I think. We have Maeda for that side,we don’t need two more. Mehmeti looks like he is off,thats one down. I think one more to go. |  | |  |
| Maybe one will be sold. on 15:19 - Aug 27 with 1168 views | farkenhell |
| Maybe one will be sold. on 14:32 - Aug 27 by Cheltenham_Blue | I wondered this also. The only thing is that Philogene and Clarke are both right footed, Fatawu is left footed. O'Neil might want a left footed player there to fully compete with Fatawu. |
That's a good point, although it should be said that Philogene is pretty strong with both feet, so he should be able to go on the outside as well as come inside just as comfortably. He would also provide us with additional cover on both wings of course. |  | |  |
| Maybe one will be sold. on 15:34 - Aug 27 with 1088 views | DJR | Stuart Watson has within the last hour posted. "Ipswich Town wingers Jack Clarke and Kasey McAteer are not available ahead of the transfer window closing the EADT and Ipswich Star understands." But I don't think this necessarily means Philogene will go. |  | |  |
| Maybe one will be sold. on 15:39 - Aug 27 with 1041 views | bluelady |
| Maybe one will be sold. on 15:34 - Aug 27 by DJR | Stuart Watson has within the last hour posted. "Ipswich Town wingers Jack Clarke and Kasey McAteer are not available ahead of the transfer window closing the EADT and Ipswich Star understands." But I don't think this necessarily means Philogene will go. |
or maybe making us look less 'desperate' to bring in replacements so avoiding over inflation..... just a thought ;-) |  | |  |
| Maybe one will be sold. on 16:04 - Aug 27 with 897 views | ipswichtillidie |
| Maybe one will be sold. on 15:34 - Aug 27 by DJR | Stuart Watson has within the last hour posted. "Ipswich Town wingers Jack Clarke and Kasey McAteer are not available ahead of the transfer window closing the EADT and Ipswich Star understands." But I don't think this necessarily means Philogene will go. |
I do wonder if Philogene might still exit at the close of the window. For sure his agent was pushing for an exit. Might he have some takers before Tuesday I wonder. Seems like with Maeda, Clark and HImself we may well struggle to keep them all happy. He’s a talent for sure. |  |
|  |
| Maybe one will be sold. on 16:12 - Aug 27 with 851 views | Ryorry |
| Maybe one will be sold. on 16:04 - Aug 27 by ipswichtillidie | I do wonder if Philogene might still exit at the close of the window. For sure his agent was pushing for an exit. Might he have some takers before Tuesday I wonder. Seems like with Maeda, Clark and HImself we may well struggle to keep them all happy. He’s a talent for sure. |
Isn't Philogene injured? Someone reported seeing him with a boot (I assume meaning medical) on a few days ago. |  |
|  |
| Maybe one will be sold. on 16:16 - Aug 27 with 830 views | SuffolkPunchFC |
| Maybe one will be sold. on 16:12 - Aug 27 by Ryorry | Isn't Philogene injured? Someone reported seeing him with a boot (I assume meaning medical) on a few days ago. |
Yes, that was reported a couple of days ago - seen when he was arriving at the ground before the Leicester game I think, but might have been elsewhere. |  | |  |
| |