| Ed 11:42 - Sep 15 with 2447 views | CobboldCrusty | https://www.threads.com/@novaramedia/post/DdTf-eNm5-d/macklemore-has-been-dropped-from-ed-sheerans-us-tour-after-speaking-up-against/ the words 'free Palestine' supposedly hurtful to a lot of people Ed speaks with I always gave Ed a pass on the fact his music is utter sludge on the basis he was a 'nice guy' well I guess being a genocide apologist rather puts paid to that |  | | |  |
| Ed on 11:47 - Sep 15 with 1897 views | J2BLUE | Definitely needed another thread. |  | |  |
| Ed on 12:02 - Sep 15 with 1802 views | Billywitch |
| Ed on 11:47 - Sep 15 by J2BLUE | Definitely needed another thread. |
To be fair, this thread is actually from threads. |  | |  |
| Ed on 12:35 - Sep 15 with 1662 views | ThatMuhrenCross | He's not a "genocide apologist" ffs, what is the matter with you? He's a musician that just wants to stay out of it. I think most of us just want to stay out of it tbh. Shame that this football forum has become infiltrated by it. |  |
|  |
| Ed on 12:37 - Sep 15 with 1647 views | Zx1988 |
| Ed on 12:35 - Sep 15 by ThatMuhrenCross | He's not a "genocide apologist" ffs, what is the matter with you? He's a musician that just wants to stay out of it. I think most of us just want to stay out of it tbh. Shame that this football forum has become infiltrated by it. |
What is it about calling out genocide that makes you feel so uncomfortable? If you don't want to see it, there's a handy little filter at the top of the forum. |  |
| Not a prophet, or a stone-age man; just a mortal with potential of a superman. | | Poll: | Worst Ginger? |
|  |
| Ed on 12:38 - Sep 15 with 1627 views | ThatMuhrenCross |
| Ed on 12:37 - Sep 15 by Zx1988 | What is it about calling out genocide that makes you feel so uncomfortable? If you don't want to see it, there's a handy little filter at the top of the forum. |
It's just unpleasant and depressing to think about. |  |
|  |
| Ed on 13:04 - Sep 15 with 1534 views | IndependentlyBlue | Could you point me towards the statements Ed Sheeran has made that would constitute him being a genocide apologist? Genuine question. |  |
| Better to stay silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt |
|  |
| Christ, You don’t stop on 13:07 - Sep 15 with 1519 views | BelsteadCav | How many more threads does this need Can we have just one day off |  |
|  | Login to get fewer ads
| Christ, You don’t stop on 13:10 - Sep 15 with 1501 views | ThatMuhrenCross |
| Christ, You don’t stop on 13:07 - Sep 15 by BelsteadCav | How many more threads does this need Can we have just one day off |
Personally I think the words "Palestine", "Israel" and "genocide" should just be on the banned list in this forum. It's got nothing to do with ITFC. |  |
|  |
| Ed on 13:18 - Sep 15 with 1447 views | phillymark | Mackelmore can say whatever he wants and he is absolutely entitled to put politics into his music. Of course. However, the antisemitism accusation goes much deeper with him. https://www.eonline.com/news/5 Although the ADL accepted his apology for this, most Jews I know (including myself) don't accept this costume as an innocent "mistake" - he's far too switched on for that. If he had worn blackface, would he have been accepted back into the progressive community so quickly? So, for me, a open and proud Jew and zionist, I don't mind anyone proclaiming "free Palestine" as a concept (I want a two state solution with a free Palestine), but if you have a history of antisemitism, I take your proclamation with a large pinch of suspicion. |  | |  |
| Christ, You don’t stop on 13:24 - Sep 15 with 1384 views | bartyg |
| Christ, You don’t stop on 13:10 - Sep 15 by ThatMuhrenCross | Personally I think the words "Palestine", "Israel" and "genocide" should just be on the banned list in this forum. It's got nothing to do with ITFC. |
"I don't like when you guys talk about this" posts have to be the lamest on the site. |  |
|  |
| Christ, You don’t stop on 13:25 - Sep 15 with 1362 views | BelsteadCav |
| Christ, You don’t stop on 13:10 - Sep 15 by ThatMuhrenCross | Personally I think the words "Palestine", "Israel" and "genocide" should just be on the banned list in this forum. It's got nothing to do with ITFC. |
100% I’d go as far as ban it from the whole media I honestly don’t care about that whole area. It will never stop. |  |
|  |
| Christ, You don’t stop on 13:26 - Sep 15 with 1348 views | LeoMuff |
| Christ, You don’t stop on 13:10 - Sep 15 by ThatMuhrenCross | Personally I think the words "Palestine", "Israel" and "genocide" should just be on the banned list in this forum. It's got nothing to do with ITFC. |
There is a general and football tabs for this very purpose. Personally calling out what is happening in the Middle East feels like the morally right thing to do. |  |
|  |
| Christ, You don’t stop on 13:33 - Sep 15 with 1279 views | bartyg |
| Christ, You don’t stop on 13:25 - Sep 15 by BelsteadCav | 100% I’d go as far as ban it from the whole media I honestly don’t care about that whole area. It will never stop. |
We found him, the elusive anti free-speech advocate |  |
|  |
| Christ, You don’t stop on 14:36 - Sep 15 with 1076 views | StokieBlue |
| Christ, You don’t stop on 13:25 - Sep 15 by BelsteadCav | 100% I’d go as far as ban it from the whole media I honestly don’t care about that whole area. It will never stop. |
Can we ban "stop the boats" and suchlike as well? I honestly don't care about it and it's neverending. Is this how it works? Have I got it right? We just call for bans on stuff we don't agree with right? SB |  |
| Avatar - M101 - Pinwheel Galaxy |
|  |
| Christ, You don’t stop on 14:47 - Sep 15 with 1042 views | BelsteadCav |
| Christ, You don’t stop on 14:36 - Sep 15 by StokieBlue | Can we ban "stop the boats" and suchlike as well? I honestly don't care about it and it's neverending. Is this how it works? Have I got it right? We just call for bans on stuff we don't agree with right? SB |
Fine by me I’ve said countless times that all politics should be banned from this board [Post edited 15 Sep 14:52]
|  |
|  |
| Christ, You don’t stop on 15:00 - Sep 15 with 971 views | Swailsey |
| Christ, You don’t stop on 14:47 - Sep 15 by BelsteadCav | Fine by me I’ve said countless times that all politics should be banned from this board [Post edited 15 Sep 14:52]
|
Or you could, y'know: 1) Hide posts you don't like 2) Block posters you don't want to hear from 3) Only read the football section 4) Find another message board TWTD has been just as much about politics as it has been football for the 15+ years I've been posting here. Maybe this isn't the place for you if it bothers you so much, and causes you to antagonise people. For someone who doesn't want to talk/read about politics, you sure do post a lot about it - your signature is a prime example of antagonising without contributing anything worthwhile to a debate. [Post edited 15 Sep 15:03]
|  |
| Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA |
|  |
| Christ, You don’t stop on 15:04 - Sep 15 with 942 views | BelsteadCav |
| Christ, You don’t stop on 15:00 - Sep 15 by Swailsey | Or you could, y'know: 1) Hide posts you don't like 2) Block posters you don't want to hear from 3) Only read the football section 4) Find another message board TWTD has been just as much about politics as it has been football for the 15+ years I've been posting here. Maybe this isn't the place for you if it bothers you so much, and causes you to antagonise people. For someone who doesn't want to talk/read about politics, you sure do post a lot about it - your signature is a prime example of antagonising without contributing anything worthwhile to a debate. [Post edited 15 Sep 15:03]
|
I’ve been here from the start And I can tell you it never used to be like this It’s been taken over by a gang, and the second you disagree you get jumped on. I do try and stay out of it, but going after Ed is just ridiculous |  |
|  |
| Christ, You don’t stop on 15:06 - Sep 15 with 935 views | urbanpenguin |
| Christ, You don’t stop on 14:47 - Sep 15 by BelsteadCav | Fine by me I’ve said countless times that all politics should be banned from this board [Post edited 15 Sep 14:52]
|
Everything is politics. |  |
|  |
| Christ, You don’t stop on 15:06 - Sep 15 with 936 views | Churchman |
| Christ, You don’t stop on 14:47 - Sep 15 by BelsteadCav | Fine by me I’ve said countless times that all politics should be banned from this board [Post edited 15 Sep 14:52]
|
I have no problem with people expressing views on politics in any way shape or form. I just wish there was a separate tab for it. So, one for the whole point of TWTD - ITFC. One for fun stuff, help, guidance, general info. And one for political stuff. |  | |  |
| Christ, You don’t stop on 15:12 - Sep 15 with 907 views | StokieBlue |
| Christ, You don’t stop on 15:04 - Sep 15 by BelsteadCav | I’ve been here from the start And I can tell you it never used to be like this It’s been taken over by a gang, and the second you disagree you get jumped on. I do try and stay out of it, but going after Ed is just ridiculous |
Plenty of people have been here for a very long time. You went off, you can't just come back and demand everything is how it was 30 years ago. In the late 90s this place was pretty horrible for sexism, "jokes", banter and suchlike and I suspect many don't really want to see a return to that. It's your issue, not everyone else's. SB [Post edited 15 Sep 15:13]
|  |
| Avatar - M101 - Pinwheel Galaxy |
|  |
| Christ, You don’t stop on 15:13 - Sep 15 with 884 views | BelsteadCav |
| Christ, You don’t stop on 15:06 - Sep 15 by Churchman | I have no problem with people expressing views on politics in any way shape or form. I just wish there was a separate tab for it. So, one for the whole point of TWTD - ITFC. One for fun stuff, help, guidance, general info. And one for political stuff. |
Yep happy with that as well I asked Phil but he shot that down, so I’m afraid that won’t happen |  |
|  |
| Christ, You don’t stop on 15:15 - Sep 15 with 862 views | BelsteadCav |
| Christ, You don’t stop on 15:12 - Sep 15 by StokieBlue | Plenty of people have been here for a very long time. You went off, you can't just come back and demand everything is how it was 30 years ago. In the late 90s this place was pretty horrible for sexism, "jokes", banter and suchlike and I suspect many don't really want to see a return to that. It's your issue, not everyone else's. SB [Post edited 15 Sep 15:13]
|
I wouldn’t say everyone else Just the loudest 10/20 or so posters But you’re right, it will never go back to how it was. |  |
|  |
| Christ, You don’t stop on 15:16 - Sep 15 with 855 views | StokieBlue |
| Christ, You don’t stop on 15:15 - Sep 15 by BelsteadCav | I wouldn’t say everyone else Just the loudest 10/20 or so posters But you’re right, it will never go back to how it was. |
And that's a good thing. If you want to live in the 90s that's up to you, don't try and force it on everyone else. SB |  |
| Avatar - M101 - Pinwheel Galaxy |
|  |
| Christ, You don’t stop on 15:18 - Sep 15 with 835 views | BelsteadCav |
| Christ, You don’t stop on 15:16 - Sep 15 by StokieBlue | And that's a good thing. If you want to live in the 90s that's up to you, don't try and force it on everyone else. SB |
You could flip that and say “ don’t try and force Palestine on everyone else “ Works both ways |  |
|  |
| |