Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour 17:37 - Sep 25 with 5429 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Guess the artist?

I’m sure this wasn’t pre planned at all! Absolutely shameful use of planned commercial revenue.

Poll: Ok gut feeling then, promotion?

-12
Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 01:10 - Sep 26 with 1022 viewsJ2BLUE

Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 23:48 - Sep 25 by positivity

ed booked him as he wanted the credibility, knowing exactly what he was likely to say.

at least he doesn't have to play the gillette stadium now


This idea that he booked him for credibility, where has it come from? I've only seen it mentioned on here. Any evidence at all or are we just looking for any stick to beat him with now?

It's sad to see a decent poster slowly being absorbed into the cult.
-3
Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 01:15 - Sep 26 with 1008 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 01:04 - Sep 26 by reusersfreekicks

You have avoided the Trump voting history again and again.
While you do that you have zero credibility


Stop demanding personal information from me online you’ve done it multiple times now.

Poll: Ok gut feeling then, promotion?

0
Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 01:18 - Sep 26 with 995 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 01:10 - Sep 26 by J2BLUE

This idea that he booked him for credibility, where has it come from? I've only seen it mentioned on here. Any evidence at all or are we just looking for any stick to beat him with now?

It's sad to see a decent poster slowly being absorbed into the cult.


He’s making it up to suit his narrative.

Poll: Ok gut feeling then, promotion?

0
Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 01:47 - Sep 26 with 955 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 21:53 - Sep 25 by wrightsrightglove

Do you genuinely think it was some thought through career move? He’s been saying that same thing at his shows for years


You surely can’t be this naive? Bloody hell. He had one hit about 14 years ago, probably the same time he dressed up like that doing nazi salutes. He’s suddenly relevant again now though eh.

Poll: Ok gut feeling then, promotion?

1
Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 03:47 - Sep 26 with 871 viewsBenters

Joke innit ?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Which is best Cycling or Running,i will go for cycling as you are sitting down

0
Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 03:49 - Sep 26 with 871 viewsBenters

Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 18:41 - Sep 25 by GlasgowBlue

Maybe this will help.



A real tumble weed moment there buh!

Gentlybentley
Poll: Which is best Cycling or Running,i will go for cycling as you are sitting down

0
Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 07:41 - Sep 26 with 838 viewswrightsrightglove

Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 01:47 - Sep 26 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

You surely can’t be this naive? Bloody hell. He had one hit about 14 years ago, probably the same time he dressed up like that doing nazi salutes. He’s suddenly relevant again now though eh.


You think he had one hit 14 years ago and is now suddenly supporting Ed Sheeran on a massive sell out tour without doing anything in between? He’s been touring and doing gigs the entire time. It’s amazing that people speak with authority on something they know nothing about.

With regards to the ‘nazi salute’, you’re getting drawn in to the rhetoric of people who will do anything to distract you from a country committing a genocide. The ‘nazi salute’ wasn’t even mentioned at the time (because it’s a carefully framed shot of him dancing and no one at the time was so desperate to try and frame him as a nazi) and even the ADL said “We welcome Macklemore’s apology for wearing a costume that, regardless of his motives, reminded many people of an antisemitic caricature. We take him at his word that he did not have any ill intent and unreservedly accept his apology.”

It’s bizarre that people are so desperate to hate someone for speaking out against a genocide
7
Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 09:19 - Sep 26 with 773 viewspositivity

Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 01:04 - Sep 26 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Have you considered therapy?


only one person here is repressing their past!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

1
Login to get fewer ads

Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 09:27 - Sep 26 with 764 viewspositivity

Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 01:10 - Sep 26 by J2BLUE

This idea that he booked him for credibility, where has it come from? I've only seen it mentioned on here. Any evidence at all or are we just looking for any stick to beat him with now?

It's sad to see a decent poster slowly being absorbed into the cult.


it's all relative, i like ed as a person, but as an artist he is lacking in credibility and edge. it's a mutually beneficial thing and i think it's good that he's repeatedly used his platform to give a leg up to emerging artists and those with smaller fanbase.

don't know what the final comment is about? been on here since the '90s and my politics have always been about championing the underdog and standing up against racism, xenophobia and the like. not sure which cult i'm being absorbed into, maybe you could expand, as it's coming across as a bit odd?

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

5
Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 10:03 - Sep 26 with 737 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 09:27 - Sep 26 by positivity

it's all relative, i like ed as a person, but as an artist he is lacking in credibility and edge. it's a mutually beneficial thing and i think it's good that he's repeatedly used his platform to give a leg up to emerging artists and those with smaller fanbase.

don't know what the final comment is about? been on here since the '90s and my politics have always been about championing the underdog and standing up against racism, xenophobia and the like. not sure which cult i'm being absorbed into, maybe you could expand, as it's coming across as a bit odd?


“ but as an artist he is lacking in credibility and edge. it's a mutually beneficial thing”

With respect, and not really connected to the subject I guess, but Ed is the 3rd highest selling artist globally in the last decade - I’m not sure he really needs ‘edgy’ singers to boost him. His tour will go on, and it will sell out with no problem.

I’ve no issue with the Palestine Tour, probably don’t agree that it’s cynical - I do respect any artist raising money for charity. It is odd though that Macklemore was happy to play in Saudi whilst they were bombing Yemeni’s. If I was going to boycott anywhere, Saudi would be pretty high on my list!
2
Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 10:03 - Sep 26 with 741 viewsWhos_blue

I find threads like this so depressing. Clearly posted for a reaction in this modern clickbait approach to discussion and debate.
I'm not suggesting for a moment they shouldn't be posted, but more that the OPs just hover for a moment over the send button and consider where a post might go. This one is a classic example of knowing exactly where it's headed.
Phil has asked us twice this week to take care and think about what we post.
For my two pennies worth, the dressing up stunt was dumb beyond belief and in this world of a million phones capturing every single move of celebs, it was ill thought out.
I don't think the nazi salute picture brings anything to this other than more clicks and division.
It so easy to capture anyone who has dance moves or movement in their routines to be caught in that pose.
Full disclosure. I was once captured giving a nazi salute.
Am I a nazi? No.
Was I doing a nazi salute? No.
I was DJing at the time and was playing Jump Around by House of Pain. I had my arm in the air during the "jump jump" bit. Click. I'm doing a nazi salute.
I genuinely have no idea if Macklemore was doing it and the supporting evidence seems flimsy, so why share it. There may be enough evidence already to push the antisemite narrative without resorting to spurious captures.
I post this in good faith and am not looking for a fight with any posters. My aim is just to be more thoughtful. That said, one particular response did particular grip my shizen, but there you go.
We all get it wrong from time to time. I did it a couple of days ago by jumping on the condemnation of the Israeli player's goal celebrating.
Peace!

"Look, I don't wanna be the same as everybody else. That's why I'm a Mod, see?"

6
Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 10:11 - Sep 26 with 727 viewspositivity

Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 10:03 - Sep 26 by SuperKieranMcKenna

“ but as an artist he is lacking in credibility and edge. it's a mutually beneficial thing”

With respect, and not really connected to the subject I guess, but Ed is the 3rd highest selling artist globally in the last decade - I’m not sure he really needs ‘edgy’ singers to boost him. His tour will go on, and it will sell out with no problem.

I’ve no issue with the Palestine Tour, probably don’t agree that it’s cynical - I do respect any artist raising money for charity. It is odd though that Macklemore was happy to play in Saudi whilst they were bombing Yemeni’s. If I was going to boycott anywhere, Saudi would be pretty high on my list!


no-one's denying ed's popularity, but almost every artist likes a bit of extra credibility and edge, it's not a bad thing as it boosts the person being brought along as well. whatever you think of elton john's music, you can't deny his positive effect and sincerity in boosting smaller artists.

agree with the positives on the charity tour, and agreed that i'd boycott saudi (although i'd probably boycott a whole lot of countries!)

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

0
Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 10:13 - Sep 26 with 730 viewsbalcombeblue

Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 10:03 - Sep 26 by Whos_blue

I find threads like this so depressing. Clearly posted for a reaction in this modern clickbait approach to discussion and debate.
I'm not suggesting for a moment they shouldn't be posted, but more that the OPs just hover for a moment over the send button and consider where a post might go. This one is a classic example of knowing exactly where it's headed.
Phil has asked us twice this week to take care and think about what we post.
For my two pennies worth, the dressing up stunt was dumb beyond belief and in this world of a million phones capturing every single move of celebs, it was ill thought out.
I don't think the nazi salute picture brings anything to this other than more clicks and division.
It so easy to capture anyone who has dance moves or movement in their routines to be caught in that pose.
Full disclosure. I was once captured giving a nazi salute.
Am I a nazi? No.
Was I doing a nazi salute? No.
I was DJing at the time and was playing Jump Around by House of Pain. I had my arm in the air during the "jump jump" bit. Click. I'm doing a nazi salute.
I genuinely have no idea if Macklemore was doing it and the supporting evidence seems flimsy, so why share it. There may be enough evidence already to push the antisemite narrative without resorting to spurious captures.
I post this in good faith and am not looking for a fight with any posters. My aim is just to be more thoughtful. That said, one particular response did particular grip my shizen, but there you go.
We all get it wrong from time to time. I did it a couple of days ago by jumping on the condemnation of the Israeli player's goal celebrating.
Peace!


I agree with your points about baiting people on posts. However, the idea that his chap was 'unfortunately' captured with his arm in the air, or that it was a mistake to caricature a Jew is so beyond credibility it's almost comical.

It's why the prejudice is so long lived, if that had been stereotyping black people by Micklvore the exact same posters wouldn't be giving any benefit of the doubt and quite rightly. There has been some talk of unconscious bias on threads here recently, but I can't believe this is unconscious. It's very blatant.
0
Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 11:29 - Sep 26 with 651 viewspositivity

Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 10:13 - Sep 26 by balcombeblue

I agree with your points about baiting people on posts. However, the idea that his chap was 'unfortunately' captured with his arm in the air, or that it was a mistake to caricature a Jew is so beyond credibility it's almost comical.

It's why the prejudice is so long lived, if that had been stereotyping black people by Micklvore the exact same posters wouldn't be giving any benefit of the doubt and quite rightly. There has been some talk of unconscious bias on threads here recently, but I can't believe this is unconscious. It's very blatant.


i don't think that's true, most people accept david baddiel's apology for instance.

people move on and grow, there should be room for apologies and forgiveness.

it's when there is no apology or it's fake or an "i apologise if you were offended" type that it lingers. also, if the behaviour is then repeated

ed accepted that he messed up and i'm happy to accept that, but hope he is more careful about his contracts next time.

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

1
Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 11:35 - Sep 26 with 643 viewswrightsrightglove

Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 10:13 - Sep 26 by balcombeblue

I agree with your points about baiting people on posts. However, the idea that his chap was 'unfortunately' captured with his arm in the air, or that it was a mistake to caricature a Jew is so beyond credibility it's almost comical.

It's why the prejudice is so long lived, if that had been stereotyping black people by Micklvore the exact same posters wouldn't be giving any benefit of the doubt and quite rightly. There has been some talk of unconscious bias on threads here recently, but I can't believe this is unconscious. It's very blatant.


It’s weird that he was banging out nazi salutes in 2014 and none of the news articles mentioned it, maybe nazi salutes were fine back then. It’s also super strange that the ADL accepted his explanation and apology in 2014 given that he was ‘caricaturing a Jew and doing a nazi salute’. I really would have thought an organisation like the ADL would have taken issue with that at the time but they didn’t think to concern themselves with the salute in their statement.

It’s almost like something has happened since 2014 that has made people desperate for a reason to attack the character of someone who supports a free Palestine and is anti-genocide
3
Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 11:54 - Sep 26 with 600 viewsSwailsey

Deletion and bans incoming in 3…2..

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

-2
Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 12:04 - Sep 26 with 577 viewsbrazil1982

Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 19:57 - Sep 25 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

He’s obviously making loads out of this entire thing, his brand is now front and center after being an a fairly irrelevant opener for a stadium tour.


Of course it’s fine here, they all suck.


It's being billed as "SmugFest"
Edit: I'll change my mind if this "tour" raises money for humanitarian organisations involved in Myanmar, Sudan, Syria, DR Congo.
[Post edited 26 Sep 12:06]
-4
Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 12:16 - Sep 26 with 542 viewswrightsrightglove

Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 12:04 - Sep 26 by brazil1982

It's being billed as "SmugFest"
Edit: I'll change my mind if this "tour" raises money for humanitarian organisations involved in Myanmar, Sudan, Syria, DR Congo.
[Post edited 26 Sep 12:06]


Yeah f##k the Gaza soup kitchen, f##k Jewish Voice for Peace, f##k the Palestine Children’s Relief Fund!

I’ll support it when it raises money for *ALL* of the charities!
3
Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 12:20 - Sep 26 with 533 viewsbartyg

Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 12:04 - Sep 26 by brazil1982

It's being billed as "SmugFest"
Edit: I'll change my mind if this "tour" raises money for humanitarian organisations involved in Myanmar, Sudan, Syria, DR Congo.
[Post edited 26 Sep 12:06]


Who does this argument convince? Is the cause not worthy unless every single injustice in the world is included?

FREE ISRAEL FROM THE IDF

4
Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 12:22 - Sep 26 with 522 viewspositivity

Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 12:04 - Sep 26 by brazil1982

It's being billed as "SmugFest"
Edit: I'll change my mind if this "tour" raises money for humanitarian organisations involved in Myanmar, Sudan, Syria, DR Congo.
[Post edited 26 Sep 12:06]


so every single charity in the world is smug as they doesn't give money to all people?

what a weird statement!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

1
Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 12:24 - Sep 26 with 510 viewsSwailsey

Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 11:54 - Sep 26 by Swailsey

Deletion and bans incoming in 3…2..


Some of ya’ll need to take a joke.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

3
Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 12:32 - Sep 26 with 482 viewsbrazil1982

Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 12:22 - Sep 26 by positivity

so every single charity in the world is smug as they doesn't give money to all people?

what a weird statement!


Yes a bit of a weird one from me. Seems "celebrities " are quite obsessed with Gaza. Rarely a mention of the quite appalling conflicts in other countries ie Syria, Myanmar. I do question why.
0
Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 12:33 - Sep 26 with 478 viewsChurchman

Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 18:51 - Sep 25 by positivity

at least macklemore owns up to his mistakes.

pointing out your severe and repeated lack of judgement, and unwillingness to own it, shows us how seriously we can take your other edgelord takes!


Everyone has a right to a view and support who or whatever they wish. Freedom of speech n all that.

But what Macklemore did as shown on the images on this thread was not a ‘mistake’. It was a deliberate act and a disgusting one. Anything that has echos of Nazi Germany as that does is not on as far as I’m concerned.

I actually think any form of apology from him is hypocritical - he has made it perfectly clear what he is.
-3
Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 13:05 - Sep 26 with 430 viewsbartyg

Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 12:33 - Sep 26 by Churchman

Everyone has a right to a view and support who or whatever they wish. Freedom of speech n all that.

But what Macklemore did as shown on the images on this thread was not a ‘mistake’. It was a deliberate act and a disgusting one. Anything that has echos of Nazi Germany as that does is not on as far as I’m concerned.

I actually think any form of apology from him is hypocritical - he has made it perfectly clear what he is.


Why can't a deliberate act be a mistake?

Why would an apology be hypocritical?

FREE ISRAEL FROM THE IDF

1
Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 13:15 - Sep 26 with 401 viewspositivity

Tickets now available to the free Palestine Tour on 12:32 - Sep 26 by brazil1982

Yes a bit of a weird one from me. Seems "celebrities " are quite obsessed with Gaza. Rarely a mention of the quite appalling conflicts in other countries ie Syria, Myanmar. I do question why.


have you forgiven ed sheeran for taking part in bandaid?

omid djalili for concentrating on iranian issues?

gaza (along with ukraine) is one of the bigger losses of life in recent years.

the west have traditionally seen israel as an ally and has supplied it's military, not so much the other issues, appalling as they are

macklemore's speech that got him banned included the following:

"“To all of my Jewish brothers and sisters: criticism of Israel, criticism of apartheid, being against genocide in no way is a criticism of you. My message is for peace; love for all human beings to be treated with dignity, respect, and equality.

So I say Free Palestine, I say Free Lebanon, I say Free Cuba, I say Free Congo, Free Sudan, I say Free all people in America living in fear of this terrorist organization, ICE. None of us will be free until we are all free."

so he's covered a few of the bases you want him to already!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

4
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026