Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“Leave with More Points …..” 16:37 - Sep 4 with 1598 viewsMetal_Hacker

I’ve been out of action for a few days with a three day business meeting over in Manchester and originally missed the comment from the presser and Phil’s as ever , well written piece

Some “balls on the table “ statement innit

I totally understand he can’t say “we”ll take a point right now “ but managing fan”s expectations is also a pretty important aspect

I for one love the intent and I truly hope he’s correct but at the same time I hope GON isn’t putting himself up there to be shot down

Good luck to those fortunate enough to be there tonight

Make it loud and as ever make us proud

Poll: Which No.9 Would YOU Buy / Loan ?

3
“Leave with More Points …..” on 17:08 - Sep 4 with 1373 viewsBlue_badge

I get your point but if I were playing tonight I'd much rather my manager said that we're in with a good chance of a point.
Managing players' psyche is much more important, especially as we all know that some fans will be queuing up to criticise when ever things don't go perfectly.
0
“Leave with More Points …..” on 17:13 - Sep 4 with 1357 viewsMetal_Hacker

“Leave with More Points …..” on 17:08 - Sep 4 by Blue_badge

I get your point but if I were playing tonight I'd much rather my manager said that we're in with a good chance of a point.
Managing players' psyche is much more important, especially as we all know that some fans will be queuing up to criticise when ever things don't go perfectly.


Oh yeah 100% but I just hope those fans don’t jump on his comment

I for one , love the positivity !

Poll: Which No.9 Would YOU Buy / Loan ?

1
“Leave with More Points …..” on 17:26 - Sep 4 with 1302 views_CliveBaker_

I think (hope) supporters will just take it for what it is, a bit of healthy optimism.

I don't think anyone can expect us to get a result against Liverpool, at home or otherwise. They're 1/2 to win for a good reason. We can hope though, and I like the optimism. Said it from GON's first interview, its refreshing to see a manager talking up our chances. No shade on McKenna but every interview felt like the next game was a monumental challenge, 'top opposition', difficult schedule, travel, etc. Despite having a significantly more expensive squad 90% of the time. Maybe his motivations were more about warning against complacency or expectancy.

Either way its nice to hear O'Neil be bullish. Seems to have a mentality to match the club we want to be.
2
“Leave with More Points …..” on 17:29 - Sep 4 with 1269 viewscharlie1

“Leave with More Points …..” on 17:13 - Sep 4 by Metal_Hacker

Oh yeah 100% but I just hope those fans don’t jump on his comment

I for one , love the positivity !


Of course they will. Wouldn't matter what he said.

Right now they'll be salivating over the prospect that one of our players might misplace a pass tonight....
0
“Leave with More Points …..” on 17:39 - Sep 4 with 1218 viewsSwansea_Blue

“Leave with More Points …..” on 17:26 - Sep 4 by _CliveBaker_

I think (hope) supporters will just take it for what it is, a bit of healthy optimism.

I don't think anyone can expect us to get a result against Liverpool, at home or otherwise. They're 1/2 to win for a good reason. We can hope though, and I like the optimism. Said it from GON's first interview, its refreshing to see a manager talking up our chances. No shade on McKenna but every interview felt like the next game was a monumental challenge, 'top opposition', difficult schedule, travel, etc. Despite having a significantly more expensive squad 90% of the time. Maybe his motivations were more about warning against complacency or expectancy.

Either way its nice to hear O'Neil be bullish. Seems to have a mentality to match the club we want to be.


Yeah, KM’s messaging around that was starting to annoy me a bit. He was probably right, but there’s a fine line between managing expectations/respecting the opposition and depressing people!

I did a double take at GON’s comment though. That’s completely in the opposite direction. It’ll probably come back to bite him on the arse, but you never know (it’s the hope that kills you, etc.).

Poll: Escaped Goat of the day. Who’s it going to be?

1
“Leave with More Points …..” on 18:17 - Sep 4 with 1051 viewsarmchaircritic59

I'd rather be hung as a sheep than a lamb. Just go for it and see what happens.
0
(No subject) (n/t) on 19:39 - Sep 4 with 809 viewsSwansea_Blue

“Leave with More Points …..” on 18:17 - Sep 4 by armchaircritic59

I'd rather be hung as a sheep than a lamb. Just go for it and see what happens.


I’d settle for being hung like a lamb. Oh, sorry that was supposed to be for my therapist

(Bored waiting for FPR to burst into life)
[Post edited 4 Sep 19:40]

Poll: Escaped Goat of the day. Who’s it going to be?

0
“Leave with More Points …..” on 19:51 - Sep 4 with 765 viewsBudapestByBlimp

Clever statement - basically, it's him saying he'd be happy with a point but phrasing it in an open, positive way.

I think it highlights statements made before the start of the season that we're targeting much improved home form after our dreadful form last time in the Prem.
0
Login to get fewer ads

“Leave with More Points …..” on 20:24 - Sep 4 with 713 viewsITFC_Essex

It’s looking decidedly sillier by the minute. If we can keep it under 3 or 4 we’d have done alright!

Poll: Who would be the TWTD Player of the Season?

-1
“Leave with More Points …..” on 20:30 - Sep 4 with 663 viewsjas0999

“Leave with More Points …..” on 20:24 - Sep 4 by ITFC_Essex

It’s looking decidedly sillier by the minute. If we can keep it under 3 or 4 we’d have done alright!


Poor from GON I’m afraid.
0
“Leave with More Points …..” on 21:01 - Sep 4 with 599 viewsitfc_statman

“Leave with More Points …..” on 20:30 - Sep 4 by jas0999

Poor from GON I’m afraid.


You mean his positive comments? I dont see why thats the problem

Be nice if our fans could create a bit of noise and atmosphere and try to keep some pressure on Liverpool
0
“Leave with More Points …..” on 00:57 - Sep 5 with 474 viewsSitfcB


COYB
Poll: Should we block polls for one day?
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

-1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026